• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

O-1 Hunter/Skinner

Nick... looks like you changed the way you did the (heck I don't know what to call it... the name escapes me) grippy part on the spine of the blade w/your thumb would rest... make sense?

Looks like a finer style cut than what you made before. Got any other pics?

(BTW, my 9yr old son still drools over MY knife you made me like this one :D )

Thanks again guys, Mick, it will ship out today. Eric, I did make a change on the thumb notches, I am now using a checkering file. Good eye mate.:thumbup:

Nick:)

Thanks again guys, Mick, it will ship out today. Eric, I did make a change on the thumb notches, I am now using a checkering file. Good eye mate.:thumbup:

Sounds good Nick. Lookin' forward to getting it. Thanks alot.

I have a Sportsman and got a bud one as well. I got a 3/16" Skinner for my 11 yr old son and just ordered another one for me in 1/8" O1. Once you start using Nick's knives, you have a hard time picking anything else up!!

Bill

Nick,
The knife arrived today & it is awesome! Fit & finish is impeccable & it's hair poppin sharp. As much as I've looked it over, I honestly cannot find one flaw in this knife. You were highly recommended to me by SpearZ & man, was he right. I'm already thinking of my next one from you...same thing in a larger version. This knife will definitely get alot of use.
The sheath is great too. Only problem there is the package was outside all day & the sheath is rock hard from the bitter cold. I thought it would soften up after a few hours, but no luck yet.
Any suggestions on what to do to get it supple again? Thanks again Nick & great job! :thumbup:

I'm happy you like it:) The thing with the sheath is, the wax treatment leaves the leather like armour. I make them this way as to help prevent the knife cutting through the sheath. Also, it's100% waterproof. If your interested in a larger version, I would be more than happy to make you one.

Thanks again
Nick

I'm happy you like it:) The thing with the sheath is, the wax treatment leaves the leather like armour. I make them this way as to help prevent the knife cutting through the sheath. Also, it's100% waterproof. If your interested in a larger version, I would be more than happy to make you one.

Thanks again
Nick

OK, that makes sense. Never had a sheath like that before, so that threw me. Guess that explains why it still hasn't thawed out yet. :D

Thanks again
Nick

I'm definitely interested in a larger version. What's the best way to contact you to go over details? Your work email?

Hi Bruce, you can either e-mail me to my work address, or call my work # just ask for me. 800 638 7986 8:30-5:00 Mon.-Fri.

Thanks

Mick57 happy to hear your another satisfied NWA customer and the knife worked out that well for you. My recommendation was on the line, glad it was a good one.

Nick's sheath are hard like that but I don't have any problems with it being that way.

Like Nick says the leather sheath is very tough and weather resistant from the process he uses.

With mine also what I like with movement or terrain travel you don't have to worry about the knife popping or falling out at all. Unless you draw the knife out it's not coming out.

I have a few knife makers I really like dealing with and make an great knife. Nick is one of them.

Cheers :)

Mick57 happy to hear your another satisfied NWA customer and the knife worked out that well for you. My recommendation was on the line, glad it was a good one.

Nick's sheath are hard like that but I don't have any problems with it being that way.

Like Nick says the leather sheath is very tough and weather resistant from the process he uses.

With mine also what I like with movement or terrain travel you don't have to worry about the knife popping or falling out at all. Unless you draw the knife out it's not coming out.

I have a few knife makers I really like dealing with and make an great knife. Nick is one of them.

Cheers :)

SpearZ,
Your recommendation of Nick was dead on. I have alot of knives & this one is already becoming my favorite. It definitely won't be my last one from him.
Yeah, I was thrown by the sheath, as I never had one arrive like that before.
I thought it unusual for leather to be so hard, but now I understand why.
Like the knife, it is very well made, & like you said, no way will the knife ever come out accidentally. It's a very solid, secure fit. Thanks again for the :thumbup: on Nick.

It really is a most excellent little knife.
I like the way it fits my hand.

Everybody should order one :D

I'm definitely interested in a larger version. What's the best way to contact you to go over details? Your work email?

Just received my larger version of this knife, the O-1 Sportsman w/5" blade. Had it done up with maroon micarta scales & 1/4" steel. Nick did another fabulous job on this one.....I love it! If you're in the market for a quality fixed blade at a very reasonable price, I highly recommend you consider one of Nick's models. He makes the whole transaction very easy & is a pleasure to work with. Thanks again Nick! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I received a smaller version of Nick's hunter, and it's excellent. It came scary sharp, and the sheath fits like a glove. I like it so much, I've got another version on order. These are great knives at a great price. Bill

Back