Official 2012 Mini Knife KITH - closed!!

Graham was ecstatic when the mailman arrived and deflated when she didn't deliver it. He was at work with me today and we both forgot that I gave our home address. He spent the day building another cutlass, only to grind the stick tang too small and have it snap off. There's about 1/8" left. We might extend it about 1/8" and use only a partial stick tang. He's got a buyer lined up for it on Saturday at the knife club meeting, so he's working hard.

Graham's opening it now. . . . "Ah, cool letter! Stamped on wax, that's fancy!" After a minute of shuffling through the box "Man, that's nice. I like it!"

I just received a package from Virginia Beach, something in a box about 3" long. . . . It's the new temperature sensor for my Skyscan indoor/outdoor atomic clock and thermometer. :( I was thinking it was from Stacy for a minute there. . . On the bright side, I now know the temperature outside.

Last edited:
Charles, I'm glad Graham likes my mini! I hope he enjoys it!

I received my mini today from Stacy! Its wonderful, packaged with a personalized build certificate with photo and signed. It will be displayed with my other minis.

2012-07-13102747.jpg

2012-07-13102818.jpg

2012-07-13103432.jpg

So has everyone received theirs? Please let me know if you haven't yet I can email the senders to see what's going on.

-Xander

Charles, I just checked up on yours and it was delivered today!

Thank YOU Stacy! And to everyone who made a mini! I really enjoy putting this on and seeing all the mini knives, swords, axes, etc that people come up with! Without the makers there would be no KITH to run!

-Xander

Fantastic Charles!

THANK YOU!!! to everyone this year! There were some great minis made this year! Some repeat mini makers and some new, many styles and construction techniques were used as well. I see a desire by some to make more, and hopefully next year we get more makers who can finish one!

All those who couldn't get one finished, your initial participation is appreciated and now you have 11 and a half months to get ready for next year! Showing interest is always a good thing.

I enjoy running this, and hopfully it grows bigger and bigger as the years go!

FANTASTIC WORK EVERYONE!!!

-Xander Holman

P.S. Stacy, if you could leave this as a sticky through the weekend so any chit chat will be noticed and after that it should be brought back into General Circulation.

Ok, here is the exchange list for those wondering...

Participant - received from

Xander - Stacy
RyanW - Zaph1
Tryppyr - s2f
Zaph1 - DanCo
Graham - Xander
Stacy - RyanW
S2f - Graham
DanCo - Tryppyr

I hope I got that right, I don't have my drawing list in front of me!

So does anyone have plans for their next mini? Anything they want to try out?

-Xander

Well, Graham is almost finished making another cutlass and has a blade for a bowie started. Now he is talking about making a battle axe life S2f.

Back