Official Buck Picture Thread

My enabler work here is done!
The package came today, and I sincerely appreciate your enabling! 🤣 😁

Couldn’t be happier. Times lately have been a bit rough, this has felt like Christmas.

Got the brown sheath for my regular 110, and I also got a fantastic LT! Rock solid lockup, no blade play, perfectly centered, hair-popping edge, perfectly symmetrical grinds, and I actually like the nylon sheath it came with.

IMG_7551.jpeg
IMG_7552.jpegIMG_7553.jpeg

I now have four sheaths that each work with both of my 110s! I feel like my Folding Hunters have a wardrobe now 🤣

IMG_7554.jpeg

Today I realized the 110 is probably my favorite knife in general. Thought it was my 119 or my LTWK Boattail, but I think it’s actually the 110. Love it so much.

Something that I’ve realized, my interest in the 110 has outlasted my interest in almost all other knives. Had custom dave becks, gossmans, and tons of other customs. Sold em. None had as efficient of a grind, edge geometry, or comfort in use. Really love these things. Doesn’t matter if it’s raining, if I’n cooking, whittling, camping, landscaping, or doing tree work. Doesn’t matter if I’m in a rural area or a big city, nobody bats an eye. It can always stay at my side and be used for any task I actually need to do.

Something that I’ve realized, my interest in the 110 has outlasted my interest in almost all other knives. Had custom dave becks, gossmans, and tons of other customs. Sold em. None had as efficient of a grind, edge geometry, or comfort in use. Really love these things. Doesn’t matter if it’s raining, if I’n cooking, whittling, camping, landscaping, or doing tree work. Doesn’t matter if I’m in a rural area or a big city, nobody bats an eye. It can always stay at my side and be used for any task I actually need to do.

I'm the same, especially since I started using 110s harder and more frequently. They're simply excellent cutting tools.

Years ago I was on a drop point 110 kick, but when I started doing more "bushcraft" stuff, I soon realized that the clip point was more versatile and allowed me to do some things more easily than the drop points. I may sell all of my drop points, in fact!

I'm the same, especially since I started using 110s harder and more frequently. They're simply excellent cutting tools.

Years ago I was on a drop point 110 kick, but when I started doing more "bushcraft" stuff, I soon realized that the clip point was more versatile and allowed me to do some things more easily than the drop points. I may sell all of my drop points, in fact!
Yep, I came to that same conclusion regarding clip vs drop point. I’ve never had a drop point 110, but I’ve had many drop point knives. Tons of custom bushcraft knives with the typical drop point. The 119 always did the trick better than those for me, due to how tight I could maneuver the tip. The same applies to the 110, only moreso. For as large a folder as the 110 is, its blade profile is among the most agile in my personal experience. I can accomplish some extremely detailed work with it.

Life has been busy as hell so this project is slow going, but I’m customizing one of my girl’s old paint brushes as part of an art project I’m putting together for her, and the 110 makes it easy. I keep a couple ongoing whittling projects in my work bag and do a little bit at a time, when I’m on break or riding in the back with coworkers.

IMG_6154.jpegIMG_6995.jpegIMG_7101.jpegIMG_7215.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, I came to that same conclusion regarding clip vs drop point. I’ve never had a drop point 110, but I’ve had many drop point knives. Tons of custom bushcraft knives with the typical drop point. The 119 always did the trick better than those for me, due to how tight I could maneuver the tip. The same applies to the 110, only moreso. For as large a folder as the 110 is, its blade profile is among the most agile in my personal experience. I can accomplish some extremely detailed work with it.

Life has been busy as hell so this project is slow going, but I’m customizing one of my girl’s old paint brushes as part of an art project I’m putting together for her, and the 110 makes it easy. I keep a couple ongoing whittling projects in my work bag and do a little bit at a time, when I’m on break or riding in the back with coworkers.

The carving on the handle looks great! She's going to love it!

I agree with you on all points above. I think those of us who carve wood occasionally (mine is crude bushcrafty stuff), the utility of the clip point is more pronounced than it might be if it were exclusively a hunting/game processing tool. The clip point really helps when you're carving notches and trying to avoid putting your fingers at risk.

Trying out Imgur for pictures

uUfzHev.jpg

Last edited:
Back