Official Buck Picture Thread

I had a nice old 1963 or 1964 102 arrive today, another for a stay at my Buck retirement home
000_2367.jpg

I had a nice old 1963 or 1964 102 arrive today, another for a stay at my Buck retirement home
...I gotta say that those "elderly" Buck fixed blades are starting to look quite appealing to me ( just starting mind you...:p )...Nice of you to take the time to care for the "elderly" Scott...LOL...Nice looking senior citizen there though...:thumbup: :D

A friend in Texas sent me this Seventh Version 112, fully radiused frame and Ebony inlays.
000_2372.jpg

000_2371.jpg

Somewhere out there is another thread I posted pixs of most of my Buck's. Latest to arrive were these two basketweave scaled 110's. The customized auto conversion 112 with fossil walrus scales, filework & engraved bolsters should be here in the near future.

DSCN4297.jpg

sandie.jpg

sandie5.jpg

I'm buying the 112 from a deceased knife collector's estate sale. The engraved bolsters were done by Fred A. Harrington. The seller could not tell me who did the conversion but since the blade is stamped with Cumberland Mountain Knife & Tool, I assume they did the conversion. I was told that the knife was bought from Adams International Knifeworks who no doubt re-handled the knife with the fossil walrus ivory and performed all the filework and also could have done the conversion as well. Best I can offer.

Clyde,
That 112 is truly a work of art. Please post some photos once you get it. It would be interesting to get your impressions once you see it first hand.
Mike

What is a fully radiused frame ?

The four-dot knives began with hand radiused bolsters that avoided the curved portion of the rear bolster. They eventually went to a machine radiused process that did the whole thing, thus full-radiused.

Just wanted to compare the 112 Radius and 112 Flat that Five-O sent me.
So, ha...I just noticed, I used a Hawai'i background for Five-O's 112.
129460678-M.jpg

Another nice 112. A 6th Version,Variation 3, 1980 3 dot, still 440C, and the first year for the nail nick and hand radiused finger grooved frame..catalog #450

000_2406.jpg

Back