"Orange Peel" Carbon Fiber Sebenza

I think a few of you may have seen my recent orange handle Sebenza I did.

I wondered how the new texture would look and work on a radiused carbon fiber Sebenza handle.

The new texture offers a wonderful tactile grip, without being too aggressive.

Aesthetically, the normal weave pattern look is diminished, but there is nice iridescence about the handle in day light.

Enough from me, I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talkin':

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

Neat, but looks better with orange colour.
It would likely look really nice on titanium.:)

Neat, but looks better with orange colour.
It would likely look really nice on titanium.:)

It defo. looks good but I think I prefer the orange G-10 scale too. That said I have always intended to do a "traditional jigged" CF scale but have just never got round to it. Orange skin titanium does always look good though. :):thumbup:

I'd also like to know what kind of rum that scale is being exposed to ? :eek:....:D

I'd also like to know what kind of rum that scale is being exposed to ? :eek:....:D

RUM?? You kiddin'g me?? What would a lime be in a photo with RUM?? Now, let's talk about a gin and tonic:D...........that scale made an awesome stir stick before I cleaned it and installed it on the knife

Hey, that just gave me a new idea:D

i like it, looks like it provides good grip.

and a CF stirring stick would be insane! :eek:

It looks good, for sure. Is it stiff in that there is no blade play?

It looks good, for sure. Is it stiff in that there is no blade play?

I've incorporated pheonolic technology to Sebenzas, just as Strider uses pheonolic on their folders (SnG's Smf's, etc.)

There is NO blade play, NO isssues at all.

I only use G-10 and carbon fiber. Micarta is too soft, fyi.

Man, I don't know what I want more...the Gin and Tonic or the scale...can I get both please? And put it on my tab while you are at it! :thumbup::D

i love the new stuff barry. i wouldnt even dream of asking how you do the texture, but damn!!! nice. i especially like the orange one. its spot on perfect.

I've incorporated pheonolic technology to Sebenzas, just as Strider uses pheonolic on their folders (SnG's Smf's, etc.) There is NO blade play, NO isssues at all."

With due respect, and with no offence meant at all in any way, I don't really believe this to be completely true, at least if the knife were used longer term.

I would have made it a scale that fits on top of the titanium frame that Reeve supplies if at all possible. In my mind, this would make the blade play issues go away if any are indeed there.

By the way, all my comments/questions aside, it’s a great looking knife you have, and I would buy one for that reason alone.

It’s nice work. :)

PS: I don’t believe Strider make a knife with no blade play ether. LOL. 

It looks nice and I guess it takes a lot of craft to do that, but it's doing nothing for me in this color. The pics are awesome, I like the tropical flavor :thumbup:

Back