Original SOG Tomcat

I'm obviously new here and was looking for some help. I have an original, SOG Tomcat and was wondering what the collector value on this knife might be.

It has seen VERY little use. Locks up very positive, hardly any dicernable side to side wiggle in the blade and the raised diamonds of the kraton are all still sharp looking. The thing looks as though it just came out of the box, which I do not have, nor the sheath any longer. The only marks on it are some minor scratches on the blade near the edge from a poor sharpening job when I was a kid. It's been sharpened only twice and rode in a pickup glovebox it's entire life. I've had it A LONG TIME and it's probably the first year production, or very close. Any help would be appreciated as I'm not a collector in that sense ( I just love nice blades ), can't find any info on possible collector value and am actually looking to use this Tomcat as possible trading stock for an Esee 5 depending on it's value.

Thanks. :)

Dear sir, www.sogknivescollectors.com does an appraisal service for only $1.00, a deal, and THE BEST site for SOG knives, cloollecting them and info. I would STRONGLY advise against trading of that Tomcat, it is worth FAR MORE than an ESEE, and it is selling for over $200, on some Ebay auctions, I bought a quite used one with nicks in it and lots of use, for over $100, recently, so you may want to keep that knife, it is highly collectable and very, very sought after, could you tell me what it says under the SOG knives logo? Does it have a thumbstud? When did you buy it? I cannot emphasise enough how much this knife is gaining in value and collectability, whereas an ESEE 5 will take along time to equal it' value, if it ever does, the SOG Tomcat was the 1988 KNIFE OF THE YEAR, and made in the "Golden Age" of SOG, according to the site www.sogknivescollectors.com, and the quality is unmatched by knives today, it is vintage and the 1st folder SOG made, one of the strongest locking systems made in a folder at the time the "negative draft locking system" it can probably hold it's own even today's locks. I advise you to keep it, you have had it since childhood you say? It would be a bad deal to trade it off, save up for the ESEE or trade another knife, but keep the Tomcat, knives like that are not made anymore, it will pay off in the long run, I can say that with confidence.

P.S. sorry about the mistakes in spelling, the computer's keys stick and don't always work well, I am actually a good speller, though-Spelling Bee champ, in the 1980's!

Ruggercat you ask what it says under the sog logo? y is that? what is the better?

Sent from my SM-G906K using Tapatalk

seabzarelly, you are answering a 5 year old post.
rugercat last posted in January 2016 so you might get him with an email.

Back