Paramilitary 2 Salt Magnacut Scale Switch?

Does anyone know if the new Paramilitary 2 Salt Magnacut can have the scales switched out from what they come with to the standard PM2 scales? Magnacut has become my favorite knife steel and I am longing to pic up a new PM2 in Magnacut. I love the uncoated blade (not a fan of a coated magnacut blade) but just not a fan of the black and yellow handle scales. If I purchased one, I would love to be able to switch the hardware and blade over to the basic black PM2 scales. I just don't know if it would be compatible. Any insight is extremely appreciated.

I have one of the PM 2 Salts in MC with the DLC blade. If no one chimes in before I get home, I’ll throw on some Aramis scales and see if they fit. I’ll let you you know.

Aramis scales fit it. Currently they are the only after-market scales I have.

Attachments

• IMG_5261.jpeg
    IMG_5261.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 13
Does anyone know if the new Paramilitary 2 Salt Magnacut can have the scales switched out from what they come with to the standard PM2 scales? Magnacut has become my favorite knife steel and I am longing to pic up a new PM2 in Magnacut. I love the uncoated blade (not a fan of a coated magnacut blade) but just not a fan of the black and yellow handle scales. If I purchased one, I would love to be able to switch the hardware and blade over to the basic black PM2 scales. I just don't know if it would be compatible. Any insight is extremely appreciated.

I, too, have one on pre-order in the bare blade. Because why would anyone put an awful coating on Magnacut??? Oh, right, because the ninjas need to be all blacked out...

Unfortunately, it looks like the scales are even uglier than first advertised. The Knife Joker on YT recently posted a video of one at Shotshow 2024. It's the only one I've seen that isn't a stock image from retailers. Looks like they ended up going even heavier on the yellow

Stock images from months ago. Not too bad, IMO. I can live with this. It's what I thought I was going to get when I pre-ordered:

spyderco_c81gbkylmcp2_para_2_salt_folding_1797704.jpg

And the one from Shotshow (The Knife Joker on YT): 🤮

pm2salt1.JPGpm2salt2.JPG

I, too, have one on pre-order in the bare blade. Because why would anyone put an awful coating on Magnacut??? Oh, right, because the ninjas need to be all blacked out...

Unfortunately, it looks like the scales are even uglier than first advertised. The Knife Joker on YT recently posted a video of one at Shotshow 2024. It's the only one I've seen that isn't a stock image from retailers. Looks like they ended up going even heavier on the yellow

Stock images from months ago. Not too bad, IMO. I can live with this. It's what I thought I was going to get when I pre-ordered:

View attachment 2537798

And the one from Shotshow (The Knife Joker on YT): 🤮

View attachment 2537799View attachment 2537800
That’s a lot of yellow… 🤮 Now I’m really glad that I ordered those CF scales for the satin blade.

I prefer the version with more yellow rather than the stock images.
I'm eagerly awaiting those. Does anyone have an idea of when they are going to be released?

Happy to get one with the standard scales... at least if you drop it in the boonies, you'll be able to find it! ;)

Back