Pens....what is your favorite?

If it wasn't for the refill, the Hinderer would never be put down. I love it. I have a soft spot for Jotters too though and love Schmidt refills for non gel. The Fat Boy is also one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Favorite ball point pen (most used writing implement) is a Zebra F-701 with a F-402 clicker and a fine point cartridge
Favorite gel pen is a Pilot G2 ultra fine point
Favorite mechanical pencil is a 0.5mm Pentel Quicker Clicker
Favorite technical pencil is a Staetler 925 with 0.5mm leads
Favorite "I've been taking notes for three hours straight" is a Pentel Twist Erase with (what else) 0.5mm leads.

Currently looking for a <5 inch long mechanical pencil to go with my memo pad.

Rite in the Rain Black Bullet Pen. Writes anywhere and on anything. Easily fits into any pocket.

After using their products for years, I find their ad copy to be true ---"Pencils will work great on Rite in the Rain but sometimes you just need a pen. These real All-Weather Pens write on wet paper and upside down in temperatures for -30F to 250F. The ink won't leak, evaporate or blow up in your pocket! The pen is 5 1/4 in open, 3 3/4 in closed."

96_m.png

Last edited:
Pilot Vanishing Point for now. All about the fountain pens either way. :)

I have this one, with the carbon fiber looking wrap on it.

3280856546_d9d29da317.jpg

Its not fancy, but the rite in the rain metal clicker model is good. Although metal, it has some kind of anodized finish that isnt' slippery at all.

From L to R: Fellhoelter TiBolt, County Comm Titanium Embassy rev. 2, Matthew Martin CF/Ti Clicky, SureFire EWP-03, Maxmadco SS Bolt Action pen. All have Schmidt EasyFlow, and get into EDC rotation each week. Contrary to the size of the SureFire, it is extremely well balanced. I lost the Hinderer Investigator a few weeks ago - mostly fell from my backpocket. :(

pens.JPG

Ball point I like the Zebra 701 with 402 clicky, and modded to take space pen refills. Fountain pens, right now has to be an Esterbrook J in grey with 2668 nib, but have many more. Mechanical pencil, Zebra 301 (Clang! Check this one out, it might work for you), or parker jotter pencil. Leadholder, I have many vintage ones, but probably my Eagle Prestomatic 3377.

-Xander

I love my Uni-ball visions. I write in pink so that everyone at the office knows to pay special attention when they see my notes. I have been doing it for so long that I now find it odd to write in other colors. I cant seem to find a pen that accepts a nice pink refill.

I have been considering a Hinderer Investigator in Copper (if I can find one) but I know that I will not be pleased with the refills it takes. I absolutely love the design especially in copper!

I have also been eying the BIG I DESIGN Ti pen due to the plethora of refills it will accept, it just isn't as good looking as the Hinderer. I think it accepts 35 or so different refills which is awesome; the fun part would be trying out each refill.

Favorite ball point pen (most used writing implement) is a Zebra F-701 with a F-402 clicker and a fine point cartridge
Favorite gel pen is a Pilot G2 ultra fine point
Favorite mechanical pencil is a 0.5mm Pentel Quicker Clicker
Favorite technical pencil is a Staetler 925 with 0.5mm leads
Favorite "I've been taking notes for three hours straight" is a Pentel Twist Erase with (what else) 0.5mm leads.

Currently looking for a <5 inch long mechanical pencil to go with my memo pad.

http://www.lamy.com/eng/b2c/scribble

This should be what you're looking for...I have one and absolutely love it.

I just switched from my Benchmade SS (1100-4) to my new Hinderer Extreme Duty in SS...

Attachments

• Hinderer Collection (1900x1213).jpg
    Hinderer Collection (1900x1213).jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Spyderco Carry.jpg
    Spyderco Carry.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Todays carry.jpg
    Todays carry.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Since my pens are always stolen at work, and at home I simply lose em (mostly washer and dryer), I like cheap BIC ones.

I used to draw a lot and considered going into tattoo business so I liked those ventel (needle tip ink pen) because I can get great details with those.

Ball point I like the Zebra 701 with 402 clicky, and modded to take space pen refills. Fountain pens, right now has to be an Esterbrook J in grey with 2668 nib, but have many more. Mechanical pencil, Zebra 301 (Clang! Check this one out, it might work for you), or parker jotter pencil. Leadholder, I have many vintage ones, but probably my Eagle Prestomatic 3377.

I got a 2 pack of the M-301s. They're too long for the notepad, but I found a couple of older Papermate Comfortmates that can be cut down pretty easily. The 301s fit perfectly into went into my day planner and padfolio

I like my space pen, it's like the pen in post #3 but stainless. It disappears in your pocket.

I love my Uni-ball visions. I write in pink so that everyone at the office knows to pay special attention when they see my notes. I have been doing it for so long that I now find it odd to write in other colors. I cant seem to find a pen that accepts a nice pink refill.

Have you tried monteverde Parker style refils. They are available in a range of colours including pink, and a lot of pens take that style of refil.

http://shop.monteverdepens.com/refi...efill-to-fit-parkerr-ballpoint-pens-fine.html

I use a Zebra F-701 at work, and for EDC, I love my Fisher Bullet pen. It has come in handy more times than I can remember.

I really like my Surefire 04 but on cheap pens I like Pilot precise and the G2.

My overall favorite pen is a Pilot Metal Falcon with fine nib - the flexible nib gives line variation when drawing.
My favorite mechanical pencil is Caran d'Ache Fixpencil - it has a sharpener in the back.
My favorite disposable pen is the Uni-ball Vision Micro - great permanent ink preventing check washing.

Back