Change Username Picture problem- maybe Photobucket and maybe the forum?

It appears to abbreviate a lot of the copied IMG text into a link. Perhaps it's not doing that properly for some reason?

Here is what shows up in the text editor when I copy / paste:

02FD9F03-AD20-4F67-8B8C-84BC62142AC7_zps6tereiok.png

Here is what shows up after I hit post:

%5BURL=http://s350.photobucket.com/user/anarchy84/media/Mobile Uploads/F94AD1E9-CA02-4E60-8134-D759AE96B933_zpszur3qxhk.jpg.html][/URL]

Perhaps try typing a letter/number and a space in front of the link? The %5B is the code for the left bracket so it should become one.

Or maybe hit a space after pasting to tell the RTE to read the text and interpret it before posting?

So the link you are copying includes HTML hex codes for all the non-alphanumeric characters, but the text editor doesn't translate those hex codes into the appropriate characters for you, so then it screws up all further interpretation of the text when you post it, resulting in the mess you end up with.

I can't find an easy workaround, so for now just use the method shared earlier in this thread and hopefully the RTE has a setting to interpret HTML hex codes into their respective characters that can be turned on. Otherwise, there won't really be a fix for the problem.

Or maybe hit a space after pasting to tell the RTE to read the text and interpret it before posting?

So the link you are copying includes HTML hex codes for all the non-alphanumeric characters, but the text editor doesn't translate those hex codes into the appropriate characters for you, so then it screws up all further interpretation of the text when you post it, resulting in the mess you end up with.

I can't find an easy workaround, so for now just use the method shared earlier in this thread and hopefully the RTE has a setting to interpret HTML hex codes into their respective characters that can be turned on. Otherwise, there won't really be a fix for the problem.

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Back