Pocket carry comparison of 2 GECs

I have found leaving the blade threequarter open (so the spring is stressed) for a couple of days will lighten it up a bit.

I carry a 73 liner lock every day and here it is
IMG_0285.jpg
[/IMG]
I find it the perfect size for daily chores and it so stylish.....:thumbup:

I have found leaving the blade threequarter open (so the spring is stressed) for a couple of days will lighten it up a bit.

Will do. Welp I've been playing with it the whole time and oiled it up (what?) and its loosened up nicely. MUCH easier now. I'm really stoked on the patten. I'll put pictures up tomorrow to give you all a good idea of what the size is like.

Beautiful knife Alfaholic! Love the scales on that one. It looks like it's got a bit of a swell to it.

Anyway, I've got a 73 liner lock (with black buffalo horn scales) en route as we speak. It looks to be the perfect size for me from your pic.

Yes, it sure does. I like those handles, too. Man, this is going to be tough, lol. Now that I've settled on a #73, I'm torn between one with no cap or cap at the end (Is that the correct term?).

BTW, I've read that the carbon blades have carbon springs, but does the SS ones have SS springs or carbon? I'm curious because I "think" I want to get a SS blade version 1st. I'm still working on getting a patina going on my current EDC (1095 steel, too).

Thank you for the pics in hand. It sure helps to get an idea. I am sure I'll end of getting a Barlow down the road, though, as I ended up giving my only Barlow to my Father-in-law.

Pics aren't that great, but it gives you an idea of the size. Sorry I don't have my scout right now, but I can always take more pics later.

gecbarlowandcanoe.jpg

gecbarlowopn.jpg

gecbarlopen.jpg

gecbarlohand2.jpg

gecbarlohand.jpg

It's probably about the perfect size for urban/suburban EDC in my opinion. The scout is something more suited to the farm.

update: The nail nick really isn't much of a problem anymore. Sorry for the thread derail, OP.

Last edited:
Back