Pocket fixed blades.

My new little friend: Ka-Bar BK 14 Eskabar.
Actually it is meant as a neck knife but I carry it in the front pocket of my jeans.
I have it since a couple of days (got it as a christmas present from my wife) but it already is my favorite knife. Really a great little companion and it is razor sharp.

eskabar1.jpg

eskabar2.jpg

eskabar3.jpg

eskabar4.jpg

My new little friend: Ka-Bar BK 14 Eskabar.
Actually it is meant as a neck knife but I carry it in the front pocket of my jeans.
I have it since a couple of days (got it as a christmas present from my wife) but it already is my favorite knife. Really a great little companion and it is razor sharp.

eskabar1.jpg

Azwelke here on the forums makes nice small sheaths for the BK14. Great knife, I keep one in my pack.

I've been kind of wanting a little pocket fixed blade for a while, but I don't have much to spend on one. Especially since I just don't know if it's something that I would really carry and use or not. So I just ordered a couple Morakniv carving knives. It looks like a puukko. (I'm just learning about puukkos, and I don't know if that's what you would call this little Mora) Anyway, it looks like one could do a little handle modification in it, like on Opinels- customize the grip, put a pretty wood stain on it. etc.
Do any of you carry Moraknivs like that? Do you have pictures to show? I ordered a Morakniv Wood Carving 120 Knife with Laminated Steel Blade, 1.9-Inch, and a Morakniv Wood Carving 122 Knife with Laminated Steel Blade, 2.4-Inch.

If they aren't pocketable, it's OK, since I'll be carving with them anyway.

Another option if you want to try a mini on the cheap is a Old Hickory Paring knife.1095 steel and USA made.Easy to modify if desired.

Back