Possible Stuck lock fix for seb 21

If you find that your lock on a sebenza is jamming or getting so sticky that it takes 2 hands to un-stick, you may have put the stop pin in backwards. I've had this happen to both of my large 21's. Anyone else have this issue?

It's just a sleeve over the stop pin body screw, how do you put it in backwards...??

I don't see how it's possible to put a perfectly symmetrical sleeve on backwards.....

On both of my large 21's the lock will stop working properly if I put the sleeve on the opposite direction. I sent one of them back to CRK because it was jamming. They told me I had put the sleeve on backward. I recently purchased a second one on the forum. It was unused but the owner had taken the lanyard pin out. After opening the knife 10 or 20 times, the lock began to jam like my other knife. I reversed the stop pin sleeve and it fixed the problem. Maybe this is a fluke. Just thought I'd share the experience in case someone else had the jamming issue.

Hm... this thread makes me want to take my 21 apart and put the pins in backwards...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I've disassembled my Sebenzas countless times and have never given any thought to which way the stop pin should go.

Like I said, this could be a fluke. I brouse this forum regularly and have not heard of this. I don't want to experiment with my other sebenzas because the first one that had this problem sustained damage to the lock bar face when it jammed and has had to go back to CRK twice to be recabirized (probably wrong spelling).

Interesting. I never paid any attention to how it came off or went back on. It never made the knife act any different.

I think he means taking out the female part, the whole pin, and stick it through the slabs from the other side, the presentation side. I'm having big trouble seeing the mechanical explanation for how this would make any difference. But if it works it works, worth a try if you're having problems I guess.

I think he means taking out the female part, the whole pin, and stick it through the slabs from the other side, the presentation side. I'm having big trouble seeing the mechanical explanation for how this would make any difference. But if it works it works, worth a try if you're having problems I guess.

When the female screws had polished ends, many would flip them around with no issues. Still don't understand the issue as I have takes 100 sebenzas apart with no issue.

The only thing I've ever seen that made a difference was the pivot bushing and stop pin were swapped.
The pivot bushing was where the stop pin was and the stop pin was where the pivot bushing goes. I can't remember if it caused lock stick or blade play.

Don't quite believe this one, it was common back in the day before both sides the screws had an allen keyway for people to swap the pin & screw sides for a cleaner look and not once was it ever an issue. Things change, but its more likely that the screws were improperly tightened and that the slabs were slightly misaligned upon reassembly.

I had an Mnandi with a sticky lock. I took it apart, put it back together, and the sticky lock went away for a couple hours. But then it came back, and it wouldn't go away again. So it went to CRK and the lock bar had to be re-heat-treated.

Back