• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Problem with Jack Crain Knives

shaving sharp

Gold Member
I paid Jack Crain 18 months ago for a LS-1 survival knife and never received it. I send emails, certified letters, and leave phone messages and never get a reply. Anyone else having a problem?

you might want to check out the hall of shame at the top of the feedback forum page. I'm pretty sure that jack is featured there along with all the rest of the shady folks that have been through blade forums.

I paid Jack Crain 18 months ago for a LS-1 survival knife and never received it. I send emails, certified letters, and leave phone messages and never get a reply. Anyone else having a problem?
Join the club of people who have been taken by him. He has ignored registered letters,refused phone calls,and has taken complete payment for a Smithwick Bowie for which I imagine I'll never see considering it's been @ 8 yrs !! There's a special place in Hell for people that do business like him.

Sorry to see that you didn't find out about Jack until it was too late. He has defrauded a huge number of people. Jack has some demons and has been taking money from people to feed those demons. I wouldn't count on ever seeing your knife or getting your money back.

I've known Jack for over 30 years. I know of his awesome custom knife making. I myself have bought several knives from him. The 13th day of the bowie knife. A utility knife, and a several others. I've been to his home his shop and he's one heck of a knife maker as well good friend. He's honest and a fair man to do business with. At this time I know he is having medical problems and only making a very small amount of knives. His quality in his work is second to no other. I've always gotten the knife I paid for.

Perhaps you could talk your friend into returning the money he has stolen from a number of members?

I've known Jack for over 30 years. I know of his awesome custom knife making. I myself have bought several knives from him. The 13th day of the bowie knife. A utility knife, and a several others. I've been to his home his shop and he's one heck of a knife maker as well good friend. He's honest and a fair man to do business with. At this time I know he is having medical problems and only making a very small amount of knives. His quality in his work is second to no other. I've always gotten the knife I paid for.

1 post and it is here supporting somebody known to scam others? Seems fishy.

Perhaps you could talk your friend into returning the money he has stolen from a number of members?

Would be nice, wouldn't it?

Mr. Carr, we are not impressed that Jack treats a neighbor and a friend with respect. We are more concerned with the abysmal treatment he accords customers who are in a less advantageous position to address him in person. Jack Crain is a thief.

Binion Carr your energies would be better spent trying to get Jack Crain to live up to his obligations.

It would appear Jack Crain is an epic fraud and thief- "it's been @ 8 yrs !! "

yep I sent him money got a call, told me his stories, kept my money, got no knife, no more calls, no emails about 6 years ago. thief

Back