1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Proto Bushcrafter

Discussion in 'Siegle Knives' started by Bill Siegle, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    Been playing with this idea for a while. It's a mix of traditional "trade knife" with the iconic Bushcraft blade design. This one is made from .200 thick 5160 with Tero Tuff scales. I will be playing with this one in the woods pretty soon and think it will do well :) The overall length is 10in with a 5 1/2in blade tip to handle. I contoured the scales so the handle fits the hand a little better than most. The spine was softened on the edges just in front of the handle so as to not wear on the thumb. Further ahead on the spine though was left sharp enough to scrape a fire steel. I ground the blade in a close to scandi grind. Basically I ground it to almost a zero edge then gave it a 20 degree secondary bevel. With the higher grind, its somewhere between a scandi and a saber grind.

Attached Files:

2. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    looks good -- I'll be interested in hearing more about how it does in the woods.

Bill Siegle likes this.
  3. studio

studio

Jan 14, 2007