Random Thought Thread

It's because the Earth is flat you imbecile.

Of course it is, but you are on the other side.

main-qimg-4e554601959583631dbd727b082fcc01-c

...and about underwear o_O Ever wonder why 9 out of 10 times they come out of the dryer needing to be turned inside out? :confused: Is that a law of nature or something? In my case - YMMV - they go into the washer right side out and coming out of the dryer - well - that's my question :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the insight :) Ray

BTW - I never, ever get into the line early enough to buy a Carothers either :(

What, happens to half my socks in the dryer? They never make it back...

That is one of the great mysteries of life.

I read that some companies are putting a GPS in the socks so that you can find them.

I was landscaping yesterday with a 4 gallon backpack sprayer with Cornerstone grass killer.
I absolutely hate yard work unless it involves knives.:thumbsup:
Which I why I let it grow until about 4 feet tall ,then grab an 18" Tramontina and an rtak2 (for balance) and just swing around the yard until I feel like I'm done

Which I why I let it grow until about 4 feet tall ,then grab an 18" Tramontina and an rtak2 (for balance) and just swing around the yard until I feel like I'm done
Winning!!!

I used to take down small trees in my yard with an ebay replica brave heart sword. When i broke the handle off it almost immediately, I took a grinder to it and notched out of hand hole in the blade where the leather wrap was and covered it and tape and continue to use it hahaha

When I was in basic training there was this room that the drill sergeants would put our platoon in. It was basically a classroom with no furniture. They would tell us to go in there and sit on the floor and wait for further instruction. Talking was forbidden.. then forbidden again. After that, it was emphasized again that the only thing we had to do was sit there and shut the F up.

Every time it was the same.. 5 minutes go by..first a whisper in the back. Then a murmur.. then "SHHHHHHHH!" from someone across the room. Then a reply "You SHHHHHHH!, Bitch!" Then all hell broke loose and the drill sergeants would suddenly appear and destroy us. Same thing.. every ..single.. time.

I told another older gentleman who was in my platoon that the hardest thing to do during all of that is to stay quiet...and we did. We said nothing. We followed our instructions.

It took over a month for everyone else to realize that the two of us were absolutely refusing to talk. We were told to shut up, and we did. Once people started realizing what we were doing, it caught on. Within a day or two, everyone was silent when we were in the room. The drill sergeants lost interest, and we moved on.

Here's the point: We all have the power to produce change. Be the example, especially when it's the hardest thing to do. Don't expect a cookie, just do it because it's right. If we all make that hard choice to do the right thing, we can overcome anything. Don't underestimate your value.
Can you give any more examples of something someone could do given everyday situations which inevitably lead to the wider cycle of greed and oneupmanship that could hold it in place or even reverse this conclusion? I'm not suggesting that the forces at work are in anyway personal, I merely want to learn more about what you are talking about

Thank you.. they also have headphone jacks.. just in case the blind person using the drive through is unable to locate the keypad.

I would hope they have never been used.. but I'm sure they have.

Buckle up for safety, my friends.

I was going to bring that up, but with all the answers to my question clogging up the works I thought better of it.

Definition of greed: intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power, or food.

So technically participating in the 3PM sale for knives is just as greedy as actually buying one and flipping it for profit.

Since I participate regularly @ 3PM for CPK and Fiddlebacks along with Wednesdays for Survive! 2nds, Tuesday-Thursday evenings for W.A. Surls & Osprey, almost daily for CRK, Traditional, Fixed & Folder (maker & individual), and all the gadget forums, I win the greediest of them all BF Members ever. Except all of you are here as well, so clearly we all win greediest and it's a big millennial tie means everyone wins trophy to all.

For the record MikeKu825 MikeKu825 @ManOfSteel89 I'm bringing a blindfold and headset to take the ATM to take money out next time and see how I do. Cchanging the default language to German/Chinese/Farsi/Spanish was getting to easy for me.

Can you give any more examples of something someone could do given everyday situations which inevitably lead to the wider cycle of greed and oneupmanship that could hold it in place or even reverse this conclusion? I'm not suggesting that the forces at work are in anyway personal, I merely want to learn more about what you are talking about
Unfortunately, that is the only example I know of where someone has positively influenced the behavior of another human being..

However, upon further reflection, the basis of my actions was my own self serving desire to not be punished. So I suppose I know of no example where a human has ever made a decision unselfishly for the sole benefit of others. Perhaps it has happened, but I am not willing to speculate such things that I have not witnessed.

You have restored my apathy. I'd thank you, but.. meh..

Last edited:
Definition of greed: intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power, or food.

So technically participating in the 3PM sale for knives is just as greedy as actually buying one and flipping it for profit.

Since I participate regularly @ 3PM for CPK and Fiddlebacks along with Wednesdays for Survive! 2nds, Tuesday-Thursday evenings for W.A. Surls & Osprey, almost daily for CRK, Traditional, Fixed & Folder (maker & individual), and all the gadget forums, I win the greediest of them all BF Members ever. Except all of you are here as well, so clearly we all win greediest and it's a big millennial tie means everyone wins trophy to all.

For the record MikeKu825 MikeKu825 @ManOfSteel89 I'm bringing a blindfold and headset to take the ATM to take money out next time and see how I do. Cchanging the default language to German/Chinese/Farsi/Spanish was getting to easy for me.

If you don't drive the whole way blindfolded, it doesn't count..

I'm interested as to what you will hear when you plug in your headphones.. Ill bet it's a recording of a Japanese game show. Let me know if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what you'll hear.

Unfortunately, that is the only example I know of where someone has positively influenced the behavior of another human being..

However, upon further reflection, the basis of my actions was my own self serving desire to not be punished. So I suppose I know of no example where an human has ever made a decision unselfishly for the sole benefit of others. Perhaps it has happened, but I am not willing to speculate such things that I have not witnessed.

You have restored my apathy. I'd thank you, but.. meh..

Wait, I thought of something..

There was this one time that I flushed a urinal at a highway gas station, even though I knew I would never go back.

Buuuuuuut, then again, I only did that because the guy cleaning the bathroom was behind me and he looked pretty upset that I was peeing all over the wall and floor..

I was just trying to avoid an awkward confrontation..

Gosh, I really think we were better off talking about Nathan and his wares. But, a feller has to let off steam sometime.

If my facetiousness was inevident, then I'll work on that. I didn't really do that whole gas station thing.. I would never flush a urinal... ;)

I still don't understand why you don't fall off the earth. :confused:

Sweet .. sweet metal. The omni-forge churning under our feet creates convection currents as cooler metal sinks toward the center, and fresh hot metal bursts toward the surface. Our friend Fe goes for rides and causes electrical stimulation resulting in currents. These currents in turn generate magnetic fields in their wake. More charged metals fly through the magnetic wake and create charged currents..so on and so forth..

That's all great, but without the coriolis effect from our round spinning planet, those magnetic fields would never get on the same page.

You don't fall off because the earth loves you and wants you to stay. A little clingy, I know. But hurtling through space without our space-ball seems ambitious.

Sweet .. sweet metal. The omni-forge churning under our feet creates convection currents as cooler metal sinks toward the center, and fresh hot metal bursts toward the surface. Our friend Fe goes for rides and causes electrical stimulation resulting in currents. These currents in turn generate magnetic fields in their wake. More charged metals fly through the magnetic wake and create charged currents..so on and so forth..

That's all great, but without the coriolis effect from our round spinning planet, those magnetic fields would never get on the same page.

You don't fall off because the earth loves you and wants you to stay. A little clingy, I know. But hurtling through space without our space-ball seems ambitious.
Plus, Spaceship Earth can be a pretty swell place from time to time. Especially with a knife or two to keep ya company :)

Back