• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Reds Gear

Some things I've learned.

Cash has a way of simplifying things.

People who use the expression "trust me" can't be trusted.

I just received a Buck 110 from Red's Gear thru Amazon. The description does not list the steel used in this Buck knife. I tried contacting them 3 times but they did not respond. Amazon couldn't help me either. The knife looks good as far as I can tell. I think I'll keep it. 50th Anniversary for my 50th.

Hi, I've been wanting to join for a while, as I love knives, and have used this forum often for advice. Unfortunately, my experience today and reading this thread pushed me to finally join...

I ordered a Benchmade Bushcrafter and a Light My Fire Firesteel from them, via Amazon.com. My package arrived quickly, but to my horror, only the firestarter is in the box! I sent them a message, and await their response. Even while walking into the house with the box I thought it seemed WAY too light to include the knife. The comments on this thread have eased my concerns though. We shall see.

Update: They didn't reply to my message within Amazon.com, so went to their home page on the Amazon.com site and found their telephone number. The lady I spoke with was incredibly nice and assured me that there was an error in posting that both products were shipped together, and that the knife will arrive in a few days. I still have to say though, that I'm not too impressed by them not responding to my messages.

Last edited:
Hello BladeForums members.

I am the Brand Manager at RedsGear and I wanted to reach out to everyone here, as well as everyone who reads this, but doesn't respond. First, let me say thank you to everyone who considers RedsGear for their knife purchases. Second, I want to let everyone know that if any issues ever arise that you do not feel 100% satisfied with the outcome, to please feel free to contact me directly.

We carry over 70,000 products and operate not only the website, but also on Walmart, Amazon, eBay, Sears and various other marketplaces. If you ever need assistance, are looking for a coupon code, or just have a couple questions or just want to say hi, I am available. I want to ensure everyone has a pleasant shopping experience and considers RedsGear for all their future purchases.

Thanks again and it is nice to meet you all.

Brian Heying
Brand Manager
RedsGear
bheying@redsgear.com

If you are who you say - and there is no reason not to believe it - then it is pretty cool of you to drop in here and say howdy.

FWIW: Some time ago I saw that Reds had Spyderco Cats priced at $7.00. They usually run in the $40 range. So I bought all 7 that were in stock. I'm not sure what was up with that, but Reds will often have killer prices if you keep your eyeballs open. Rock on.

Not too long ago I ordered a Becker BK5 from RedsGear threw ebay at a very, very good price. The knife arrived in perfect new condition and I couldn't have been happier with it.

My only complaint if you can call it a complaint is they shipped it using "smartpost" were they ship with FedEx or UPS and then it's turned over to the USPS for delivery. For me all that does is add a couple to a few days to the shipping but with what I saved I was OK with the slight delay in shipping.

To be fair their not the only ones who use this shipping method. I'm sure it works well for some but for me just unnecessarily delays when I receive my package for a few days.

i've gotten a few things from them recently as well and no issues. as well as in the past. far as i'm concerned a good company from my results with them.

Back