Regular sebenza question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexromic

Gold Member
Hi,
I have a question about my Large Regular sebenza.Can anyone with absolutely brand new Large Regular tell me the exact width on the widest point so I can measure mine and see if it's sharpened at all.Also,is Large Regular blade suppose to be shorter than Large 21?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2543.JPG
    IMG_2543.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2544.JPG
    IMG_2544.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2545.JPG
    IMG_2545.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2547.JPG
    IMG_2547.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 71
I have a BNIB BG42 Large, but what exactly do you mean by "width" at "the widest point"? Blade height? Given the curvature of the blade profile, my user LR after 19 years and some occasional sharpening looks pretty much exactly as wide from above the thumb stud to the edge as the new one. I have a 0.05mm / 1/128" caliper, but the chance of finding the exact same spot on both blades is probably outside the caliper precision. I.e. (excuse the pun) pointless.

Can you email me at akersnl (at) gmail

I have a BNIB BG42 Large, but what exactly do you mean by "width" at "the widest point"? Blade height? Given the curvature of the blade profile, my user LR after 19 years and some occasional sharpening looks pretty much exactly as wide from above the thumb stud to the edge as the new one. I have a 0.05mm / 1/128" caliper, but the chance of finding the exact same spot on both blades is probably outside the caliper precision. I.e. (excuse the pun) pointless.

I think the OP is asking for the measurement from the top of the blade to the edge along the green line (in this very crude pic)....

Anyone have a micrometer that they could take this measurement? Even with the hand sharpening I'm guessing new ones would be close.

RR2JSHc.jpg

I think the OP is asking for the measurement from the top of the blade to the edge along the green line (in this very crude pic)....

Anyone have a micrometer that they could take this measurement? Even with the hand sharpening I'm guessing new ones would be close.

RR2JSHc.jpg

My Regular, Oct 2003, measures 1.056" at the point indicated. Although the slabs and pocket clip seem to be about 100%, the blade edge appears to be somewhat "polished"...which I would think is NOT the original factory edge, but possibly stropped.

Last edited:
As soon as I find my micrometer, I will get you several measurements from several different unsharpened large regulars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back