Rick Menefee Knives...

ooh la la, this thread is dangerous! Still drooling over that gunstock . . . .

Here's a couple of shadows,fresh off Rick's bench,for your viewing pleasure
Sorry for the so so pics,though.

Both of these have 154CM stainless blades & springs,Ti pivot pins & mill relieved ss liners

This,a modified warncliff with a NYK Co shield of black micarta,inlaid in Ivory micarta 3-3/4" closed

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

This is a 3-5/8" Dog Leg jack,a bulldog of a folder,with natural linen scales

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

Enjoy the eye candy & have a great weekend.
Thanks Rick :thumbup:
-Vince :)

Here are a couple I've picked up recently with the same specs as Vince's two listed above. The swayback is ivory linen micarta with a black micarta shield at just a hair over 3-1/2" closed. The modified wharncliff is butterscotch canvas micarta right at 3-3/4". One of them is in my pocket at all times, I'm a big fan! (sorry for the poor pics)

downsized_0327001407c.jpg

downsized_0327001407a.jpg

downsized_0327001410.jpg

downsized_0327001411.jpg

This was my first knife from Rick along with the "Ant Pile Ranch - Bastid" hat that came along later at last year's Blade Show. I have had the knife for a couple of years now and carry it quite often on weekends.

Rick.jpg

This one came this week. As nice as the first one was, Rick is even getting better.

002-5.jpg

To top the knives off, it has been a pleasure getting to know Rick a little. We are quite fortunate to have him as well as the other makers around here. I know a lot of us have learned a good bit and enjoy the company and passion that they show for each other as makers and the knives.

Nice ones Gus ! That's "Gut Pile" Ranch though,as in alotta good huntin' :thumbup:
-Vince

Damn, I love that knife.

Big ol' +1 :thumbup:

Some really fine folders in this thread. Who'd of thought a couple of trappin' Okies like Rick and Bret could do such stuff?
(l live in RcanSaw and can say such things as that.) :D:p:D

Beautiful work RickDog. :thumbup:

Damn, I love that knife.

Thanks, Rick. Me too! And yours is a looker as well, I might add. :cool::thumbup:

It was a lot of fun working with Rick. He was very receptive to the idea of doing something new and experimenting with my request to put a modified wharncliffe into a Eureka jack frame. I'm thrilled with the result and pleased that others have enjoyed it as well. :thumbup: (And, as mentioned previously, big thanks go to Tony Bose for sharing the Eureka frame pattern with Rick.)

Here is my first Menefee that I was fortunate enough to acquire with Vince's help just in time for my birthday tomorrow. I think Vince has a twin of this one somewhere. It's 3 3/4" long, titanium pivot, milled liners, natural linen micarta scales and 154CM SS modified wharncliffe blade and springs.

menefee_zulu_1.jpg

menefee_zulu_2.jpg

menefee_zulu_3.jpg

Last edited:
Man you take nice photo's ! Enjoy it :thumbup:
Happy Birthday,too.
-Vince

Here is my first Menefee that I was fortunate enough to acquire with Vince's help just in time for my birthday tomorrow. I think Vince has a twin of this one somewhere. It's 3 3/4" long, titanium pivot, milled liners, natural linen micarta scales and 154CM SS modified wharncliffe blade and springs.

menefee_zulu_1.jpg

That's a beauty! :thumbup:

Happy Birthday!

I'm posting these for Rick Menefee,he asked me to do so.I know you will not mind the eye candy. BF's member Rick posted a thread I see on handle materials/previewing.Well,here are two going to Blade (I think) for your pre viewing pleasure
Nice burl & bone. Enjoy,
-Vince

Dog Leg Jack

DSC03556.jpg

DSC03558.jpg

DSC03560.jpg

Swayback Jack

DSC03562.jpg

DSC03564.jpg

DSC03565.jpg

Nice! Rick's work just keeps getting better and better all the time. The Dogleg is definitely sweet, but I have a real soft spot for swaybacks, and that one is a real beauty.

Mmmmmmm purdy!

Back