Rob Me Blind 3rd BF Anniversary GAW (really a Takeaway): WINNER is Padruig

Bump to the front page in case anyone else wants to play.

One thing I've learned about myself as this GAW has developed: I'm far too attached to ALL of my knives! :eek::confused:
Even after carefully declaring some of my favorite knives to be off-limits for this GAW, I found myself reacting with a surprising amount of dismay as each new entry was posted! :rolleyes: For example, I might think something like, "Oh, no, not the Richards pipe knife with the cool little lamp post tang stamp!", even though I haven't smoked a pipe in decades. Or, "Not the carbon steel Colt canoe; it's so elegant and they don't make Colt knives anymore." Or, "Not the improved muskrat; I've only had that for a month." You get the idea - in my heart of hearts, I don't relish the thought of giving up ANY of them!

I hope it will be a character-building experience and a journey on the road to self-improvement! :thumbsup::rolleyes:

- GT

Gary I've lost track of the number of knives I've given away or who I've given them to but one thing I have never lost track of is how great it feels to give a knife to a fellow knife person. I promise you want miss them and you will make someone's day.

Tom & Hickory n steel & Randy, thanks for the encouraging words! :thumbsup:
I've enjoyed several GAWs I've done in the past, and I've gladly given away several other knives (nothing on the order of Randy's celebrated largesse :eek::cool::thumbsup:) just for fun. I think my problem here is that I'm a "control freak" and have discovered that I don't like the idea of someone other than me deciding what I'm going to give away. Oh, well, if I hadn't tried this approach to a GAW, perhaps I'd never have known. ;)

Anyway, I'm going to close this down in about 18 hours (say, 3pm EDT Thursday) and will randomly select a winner soon thereafter. So act now if you still want in!! :D

- GT

Good luck to everyone who entered, and anyone else who decides to throw in a last minute entry.

Well, time to select a GAW winner!! :thumbsup:
I logged in to my account at statcrunch.com, entered the post numbers of all 15 actual entrants into a column of the data sheet (in ascending order), and then asked StatCrunch to essentially "shuffle" the list for me. Here's the result:
24 6 13 29 8 14 37 17 7 10 20 9 11 25 16. The winner is the first number on the list, post 24.
That's Padruig!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: So Dylan, you win a red jigged bone Rough Rider scout knife that you identified as your preferred prize. Please contact me with details on where to send the knife, and I'll try to get it out tomorrow.

Thanks, everyone, for your participation! :D

Congrats P!

GT, I never did find out what this is:
Ez6v8CW.jpg

- GT
Do tell please.

Congrats P!

GT, I never did find out what this is:

Do tell please.
Oh, man, sorry, Tom. I didn't realize until now where you found that image, and the info I provided there is very sparse! :thumbsdown: What follows is an excerpt from the first post in my Appreciation for the Advice, Recommendations, and Inspiration thread that gives more details. (Thanks for your contribution to that thread today, Tom! :thumbsup::cool:)

Jack also displayed a RR Silver Select sowbelly in white smooth bone that caught my eye. I rarely see a sowbelly that doesn't appeal to me, but I realize that I can't buy every one I see! :( But Jack's testimony regarding the quality of the knife had me on the lookout for one for over a year, at least, and I finally located one recently. I don't Tweet, but I think it's appropriate for me to write #Ecstatic. :D (A tip of the hat, stylistically, to r8shell and Gevonovich for their "knives with creatures" pics - maybe it's an Austin TX thing? ;) When I saw the ant mounting an attack on my new sowbelly, I had the presence of mind to emulate Gev and Rachel and take a quick shot before rescuing my knife from the marauder! )
Ez6v8CW.jpg

rpcJZdg.jpg

Anyway, thanks to those mentioned here, as well as to so many more BF folks who have been generous to me in so many ways!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Oh, what a pleasant surprise! I've been a bit under the weather this week so I've just been checking in here and there and not saying much. Thank you, GT, for a great giveaway and congratulations again on your milestone. I'll send you a pm shortly.

Oh, man, sorry, Tom. I didn't realize until now where you found that image, and the info I provided there is very sparse! :thumbsdown: What follows is an excerpt from the first post in my Appreciation for the Advice, Recommendations, and Inspiration thread that gives more details. (Thanks for your contribution to that thread today, Tom! :thumbsup::cool:)
LOL GT, I knew I had seen it somewhere else! I remembered the ant but nothing more. It's heck getting old.:eek::p

Congratulations Dylan, glad to hear you're feeling a bit better now :) Thanks again for the giveaway GT :) :thumbsup:

Went home on my lunch break to find a package waiting for me. Packages for me usually are knife related so I was understandably excited. I opened it up to find this lovely camp knife and a handwritten note from Gary and I must say, I am rather impressed. This is the first Rough Rider I have had the pleasure of handling and I find it to be remarkably well built. Hefty, solid, good fit and finish, great walk and talk, just not a lot to dislike about this knife.

My wife joined me in admiring the knife and almost claimed it for her own until she rather promptly sliced herself across the knuckle with it. Needless to say, she no longer wants it.... :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for this knife, Gary, and for allowing me to participate in your GAW. I hope that you won't miss this beauty too much, but if you do, just say the word and she will find her way back to you. Otherwise, I am certainly looking forward to seeing what she can do aside from slicing my wife's knuckles. :D

i9CmNkf.jpg

I'm glad your prize made it safely to the Pacific Northwest, Dylan, and that it made a good first impression! :thumbsup:
Sorry that it bit your wife. :eek::( I hope not too seriously??
Don't you worry about me missing that knife! I do like RR scouts, but I already have a replacement in transit since I ordered a DMT Magna-guide aligner kit (and a Rough Rider cap) on Saturday, so I just added a red bone scout to the order! Use the knife to your heart's content!! :cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Back