Rumor of happenings between Ontario and RAT Cutlery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this really sucks Jeff.. I am very sorry to hear this bro.. I am no lawyer, but I would think at this point talking about the legal issue's any further publicly is not a good idea.
If there is anything I can do man, let me know..

Take care
Trace.

I just got off the with someone who read this thread and offered a considerable amount of money for us to defend ourselves in court over this thing. He asked that his name or company not be used. So, we're going forward and we are going to defend ourselves against this action. The person that offered to finance the defense and also offered his lawyers to look into this matter. he also suggested that I shut up at this stage. Just know that we appreciate you guys and we have FULL intentions of RAT Cutlery and its products continuing to serve the market from now on.

Onward!

Jeff

Well this really sucks Jeff.. I am very sorry to hear this bro.. I am no lawyer, but I would think at this point talking about the legal issue's any further publicly is not a good idea.
If there is anything I can do man, let me know..

Take care
Trace.

:thumbup: I agree with Trace.... let US post our Disgust w/ Ontario and just step back and think about your next move.... to save RC.
Thanks & I am here if I can help
Tony

That sounds perfect! Going on with buisiness as usual is exactly the thing to do. Count on us to spread the word either way. We are all part of the RAT Team over here Jeff!

that is some B.S.! Ontario would be NOTHING without the RAT line you guys designed!

well. you can bet your bottom dollar they won't get ANY of mine until this is settled.

Brett

Well that ends any business I might have conducted with Ontario in the future. Unless this turns out to be a nasty rumor, I'll never own, or advocate buying a Ontario knife to anyone.........ever!

Texastonydobbs made me aware of all this with his post over at JD, and I am so sorry this is happening to you guys. As I told him, I used to be in a high liability business and know what kind of stress this stuff puts on a person. Don't let them grind you down!

Jeff and Mike,

Just making a public statement of my full support for you guys in every way I can. You both have been amazing friends to me, and I am here to stand up for, and stand by you guys always. Rock on! Let me know if I can do anything.

Best,
~Brian.

If you would have asked me yesterday what my favorite knife companies are I would say RAT and Ontario for the TAK, Old Hickories and their machetes.
Today its just RAT Cutlery!

Ontario knife co. will never receive another dime from me.

I'll be sure to mention this on the couple of forums I frequent. Whenever their name is brought up, I will chime in. If it dissuades even one person from buying an ontario knife well that's just fine with me.

Good luck to you and I'll continue to support your company by purchasing your great line of knives. BTW, I cannot wait for the RC5!

-JRJ

Here's what I just wrote over at the W&SS forum:

"Jeff and Mike have more integrity in the tips of their little pinky fingers than most people have in their entire beings. They are my friends, and they are truly real people in a world with so few. They both can be counted on as friends, as business associates, and any other way people of such integrity can be counted on. My heart is sick at what two upstanding guys are suffering at the hands of a corporate monster. This is the thanks they get from Ontario for being the good guys? Bullsh*t!

"What I guarantee you guys will see throughout this is that no matter what lowdown and dirty tactics are used against RAT, Mike and Jeff will never sacrifice their integrity and values in the face of adversity. That's the mark of true men, and true human beings."

Let me get this straight. Ontario wants you to stop using "RAT"? As in RANDALL Adventure Training? Your own last name? That shows not only absurdity but fear and a lack of confidence in your own product. When you can't move your own product forward, I guess you try to just drag your competitors down, huh?

I recently had the chance to view some of Ontario's product and to put it mildly, it was some of the worst looking stuff I've seen. (Well, outside of a run-down gas station in Kentucky--that stuff was rather crappy too.)

Anyway, Jeff's stuff is head and shoulders much better. For those that don't know--Jeff was recently rewarded a license by a United States Department of Justice component to produce knives for them. You don't get one of them by putting out crap. There are people using his knives that, to them, a knife is a necessity, not a luxury. They could have any knife out there and they pick from the RC line. I know this as a FACT.

Ontario seems to be on it's last legs, both commercially and ethically, my opinion. Don't give your money to them. Buy Jeff's product and you get not only a superior product but someone who stands behind their stuff and will always do you right.

What Ontario stuff I have goes into the trash today. I will further this by recommending that none of my co-workers ever buy an Ontario product again.

Everyone on this board should buy a RC-4 or two to show their support and help Jeff and Mike.

Tell me this isn't happening in our beloved knife industry!! Looks like I'm holding off on that Ontario RAT-5 after all........

Best wishes!!

Guys, I had to post up again to say this. Don't quit buying Ontario products. They are a good American company and they do have some very good products, including the Ontario RAT line that has our name on it. The employees there are good people. The last thing I want to see happen is another American made manufacturer go down the tubes...honestly. Also remember that Nick only said he would have the lawyers send the papers, so we haven't been officially served or sued yet. All I'm saying is the last thing Mike or I want is any type of a boycott on Ontario products especially when they're one of the best bangs for the buck out there.

Jeff

Guys, I had to post up again to say this. Don't quit buying Ontario products. They are a good American company and they do have some very good products, including the Ontario RAT line that has our name on it. The employees there are good people. The last thing I want to see happen is another American made manufacturer go down the tubes...honestly. Also remember that Nick only said he would have the lawyers send the papers, so we haven't been officially served or sued yet. All I'm saying is the last thing Mike or I want is any type of a boycott on Ontario products especially when they're one of the best bangs for the buck out there.

Jeff

"What I guarantee you guys will see throughout this is that no matter what lowdown and dirty tactics are used against RAT, Mike and Jeff will never sacrifice their integrity and values in the face of adversity. That's the mark of true men, and true human beings."

See what I mean, everyone? :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back