Salt 2 Lime cutter

Brand new Salt 2 arrived today, Love it (will be getting SE as well). I decided to make it a "Lime" cutter, so I RIT dyed the handles. I really like how it turned out. One thing though, one of the clip screws stripped on the torq part (not the threads), I was still able to remove it with some pliers. I am wondering if Spydeco will send me some screws, I sent them an e-mail we'll see what they say.

VlhvPfa.jpg

XWeZlnQ.jpg

Last edited:
RIT Peacock Green Synthetic dye, not very long at all. Bring to a slow boil then dunk it holding spydie hole. Maybe 30-60 secs then I slowly moved it up holding just the tip in for about two minutes for a darker fade. Then rinse thoroughly with hot water and scrub with a toothbrush to get residual dye off. Really you just have to dunk it in until you reach the desired shade. Yellow frn effects the outcome of color as well. I am going to use the heck out of this to see how well the dye stays on.

Nice job.

Does the Salt 2 have skelotonized liners like the D4, or is it only the outer FRN handle scales?

Jim

That is a really good dye job. Been eyeing a Tasman and Pacific but don't care for the yellow either.

Nice job!

Dyeing the yellow handles is a game changer. This spyderhawk (disc) only came in yellow I believe. I plan on doing this to Fish Hunter when I get one.
zASOZCLh.jpg

And when buying used you don't always get the color you want on a knife that is a great deal. Why not just dye the handle! DF2H1
1LxUYQYh.jpg

Looks great. I've been asking for a mass market toxic green alternative to the Salt handles for quite a while--especially on the Dragonfly Salt SE.

Your dye job looks great. I am pretty sure there will be dying of yellow Spyderco FRN sometime in my future.

I also just stripped the black film off of the clip, looks much better...

40pdEsc.jpg
V70KdZm.jpg

Last edited:
Man this "lime cutter" is making me want to try my hand at rit dye. That bead just sets it off to boot ! Nice job !
My wife would really be using that thing for limes in her cold beer. She dresses all brands not just Carona LoL. I can't show her this or I'll certainly be making her a "copy".
Enjoy !

Back