1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Schrade john deere knife set

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by gradall5200, Nov 6, 2007.

1. gradall5200

gradall5200

Mar 12, 2006
    On a recent trip to Iowa that I mentioned in another thread I came across a set of 5 knives in a wooden box schrade made for john deere in 1996 I believe give or take a year there. anyway I got a couple pics of them with my camera phone that I cannot figure out how to get to my computer. First I never knew schrade made knives for john deere and they were beautiful with a very interesting blade etch. The thing that make this set great was this guy had set # 001 which was marked on the box and the bolster of each knife. too bad he wanted a grand for the set or I would of been buying. they were scrimshaw style with pics of tractors working in the fields on the handles and the blades. it included 4 folders and a 152ot pretty neat if some one has a camera phone and can get the pics up I would be glad to send them but camera phone pics leave much to be desired. -Joel

2. Upstream

Upstream Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2005
    LGIV lists a "Promac John Deer LB5 " from 1994, and a "John Deer 5OT" in 1995, but nothing later, I think it was published in 95 so there wouldn't be. The only way I could get pictures from my phone to my computer was to just e-mail them to myself.

3. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    I believe there were 1,000 of these sets made circa 1997.
    502SC - Harvester
    503SC - Man on tractor cutting hay
    505SC - Men on Two Tractors Towing Harvester
    507SC - Man plowing w horses
    513SC - Man on Dozer

The five piece set was designated SC5LTDJD

Michael

4. lrv

lrv

Sep 14, 2003
    Deere also did a couple more SFO's
    Larry H sent me these 3 pictures of a 2000 special