Sebenza lge Dec For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please see the FS Forum (date posted 15.02.2000)- the 1st Gen is sold, the current is still for sale.

For sale ads should only be posted in the for sale forum.

------------------
RICK - Left Handers Unite

I know that Rick! - this is not an add it's a note. An add has particulars of the product, price, payment, shipping etc. I am sorry that this little thing ruffled your feathers.

Deon, if you know that then this thread shouldn't have been posted, right?

Rules are there for everyone to follow. If you feel like posting "notes" to advertise your Sebenza for sale, why shouldn't any one of the other 5000+ members do it?

Please refrain from doing so in the future, ok?

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Spark, just to explain for what it may be worth, what I meant was that "I know" I can not place adds out of the FS Forum but I did not see my post as an add and did not willfully try and break the rules. I will refrain from doing so in future.

Deon, I hope Spark's little thing didn't ruffle YOUR feathers.
"herewith" you must be a lawyer.

------------------
RICK - Left Handers Unite

I love to hear the banter about "RULES" on this forum. It is nice to know that there are some people who never carry a concealed or automatic knife that would be considered "against THE RULES".
smile.gif

Anyone else live in a glass house???

Michael

------------------
He who has smelt the smoke is never free again...

Two days and no takers????

I'm glad to see that the "rules" people had a change of heart. We all make mistakes, at least those of us that are human....

Michael

C-4, I don't know for sure what you were getting at but it is interesting how "the rules" apply to some & not others. It seems all Deon did was post a note directing attention to his ad on the appropriate forum and got slammed by one of the busybodies out there.

OTOH Tim Wegner posts a blatant ad on the Spyderco forum and not a peep from anyone. I guess us peons out here had better watch our P's & Q's.

BTW I DON'T carry an automatic or any other illegal weapon.

Peace. DW

------------------
Dennis Wright
Wright Knife & Sporting Goods
1-800-400-1980
("Have a knife day!")
wrightknife@ixpres.com

Question...I can see not trying to sell a knife in one of the general forums, but a forum which is dedicated to one certain brand or maker etc... couldnt that be allowed? I visit this (Chris Reeve) forum everyday because I have one and I like to keep up on all the latest news. And I myself wouldnt mind seeing who is selling any CR stuff. Or does this just make it to confusing for all? ....
smile.gif

------------------
~Keith~
"War to the knife and knife to the hilt"

I agree with Kdarmy
I can't see the harm in allowing Reeve products to be listed here. Perhaps the rule should be, you must list it here first, letting us have first crack at buying the knife. Seeing that we would appreciate it the most.

I don't know......maybe I'm nuts
Shep

The rules are there for a reason, folks. Trade (buying and selling) and ads are to be confined to the exchange forums only - BladeForums.com is not a swap meet for anyone to plaster ads anywhere they choose.

We have a specific forum set up for individuals to sell their knives, and expect the sales to take place there, not willy nilly all over the rest of the forums. We ask you to respect our wishes, it's not too much to ask.

As for Tim Wegner, I didn't see it, since I don't read the Spyderco forum very often. I don't and can't read every thread in every forum. Don't attribute favoritism with simply missing the thread. I don't appreciate the "elitist" insinuations, Dennis, and the "peon" talk is completely uncalled for.

If you see something that you object to, like someone selling knives in the wrong forum, let us know about it, instead of being silent and then complaining publically later. That way, we can actually step in and fix the problem, right? Be a part of the solution, and help fix the problem. Do your part so that the forums work for *everyone*, not just the people who try to get away with something.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

Hey Spark, it would kind of be cool to have first crack at the Sebbies, CRK's by listing them here first, but rules are there for a reason.Thanks for your hard work and everyone else's that keep these forums around, I for one can understand.
Thanks Spark!
Matt(Pontiaker)

Spark, you missed the point of the post. I don't have a problem with Tim Wegner, or anyone else, for that matter, letting people know that they have something to offer. I just think it was tacky to come down on Deon, publicly, when others have been doing more than he did for a long time. His wasn't even an ad, just a note calling attention to his post on the proper forum.

The way I saw it (and still do) he didn't do anything wrong. If he did, then you could have admonished him privately, via e-mail, instead of publiclly. Nothing "elitist" about it. Sometimes you get what you give.

If you're going to police one forum then you should police them all.

Shep & KDarmy, if you want to know what's up or available, just post the question. You'll get plenty answers. I don't think we'll get kicked off here for answering a question.

------------------
Dennis Wright
Wright Knife & Sporting Goods
1-800-400-1980
("Have a knife day!")
wrightknife@ixpres.com

Dennis, and I think you missed the point of this thread.

It's wrong, period. Just because I came down on Deon it doesn't mean that I'm letting others get away with it on purpose. I do the best job I can to police the forums. Overall, I'm pretty laid back, and I'm glad that it's only rarely when I have to step in. When I do, chances are it's because it's open and shut.

If something gets past, and I miss it, but you don't, who is worse? Me for missing it, or you for not bringing it forward at the time, and then complaining that I'm not being fair? If you feel I'm sladking, how come you didn't email me privately when this came up?

Do you understand what I'm getting at?

Deon was wrong, clear and simple. He got admonished publically, because it sends a message that posting "for sale" notes outside the trade forums are not approved of. If I left it alone after seeing it, and especially after Deon thought that he was in the right (when he wasn't), that would send the message that it was ok to do this sort of thing, causing further problems down the road from others who would do the same thing.

Then we wind up with For Sale posts in all of the forums, and tons of crosspostings, saying, "oh, I thought it was ok because X did it first, why didn't you get on them?!?"

If you have a problem with our rules, the enforcement of them, or lack thereof, that's a seperate issue, and you can bring it up in the Suggestion Box forum. That being said, however, it's entirely seperate from this incident.

Deon was wrong, I corrected him, and that should have been the end of it. I probably should have locked the thread then, but I left it open, which was a mistake (one I'll try to avoid in the future). I'm not happy that RGRAY came back and sniped at Deon, but it's too late now, and I was wrong to think that well enough would be let alone.

So, I'm correcting that mistake now. If you want to talk about the whys and hows of our policies, take it up in the Suggestion Box forum.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back