Share your love of Traditional Folders with a Single Spring and Two Blades!

Hello Mike in Canada! Did I understand you correctly about wanting to see something Presidential? :D

28538501770_1457b54310_b_d.jpg

That red one. Wow!

Thanks Ron,,,I needed that.

,,,Mike in Canada

Nice thread, Ron :) :thumbup:

Northfield 610211 Deluxe 2 Blade Congress
Northfield61Congress_zpswskbatth.jpg

Case XX USA 06244 Serpentine Pen
casexx06244a_zpsz7k2wmqa.jpg

Wow this thread has been progressing with a photographic fever pitch!

,,,Mike in Canada

Thank you very much. The other blade on the Vic is for opening the backs of wrist and pocket watches :) Nice Henckels :thumbup:

Interesting about the other blade. That makes me wonder how often one needs to open the back of a watch to have a specific tool dedicated to that use on a pocket knife. Or is it occupation specific, as in something only a watch maker would carry?

I looked at my Henckels again and the big one from my other photo doesn't belong here. It has two springs.
406B2772-63C6-45FE-AF6E-5EBA33CBC305_zps6ol1down.jpg

The little one counts, though, and so do these.

This one that I posted in the celluloud thread.
6315ED04-D7E5-44CA-9568-398987B8B649_zpsvshdehlv.jpg

This plain jane little thing.
73ABA0B6-C8F2-4AC9-91CE-1C576D5B64AB_zpsm1djxujn.jpg

This one that's missing the bail but has a kinda neat pattern on it:
79E1F5EF-DCF0-4030-8D40-087F6414DF0F_zpsqbukfkwf.jpg

A9527635-DA5D-4386-86A2-E65B95C8098A_zpsbzzxg8ye.jpg

This big weird thing:
2B8DA85D-74BD-4B0F-8E43-50ACE297424E_zpspqcvdmmn.jpg

C7ED62E8-D031-4F25-9DD0-86F3076D4F29_zps4k6r3uyb.jpg

And these that I've shown here before that are actually pretty. :p
C0F2575F-0B40-4816-901F-ABA02343D494_zpsfwzl0gmq.jpg

706BD28E-9C53-47C2-A69F-98F50B18ADED_zpspdtzcoua.jpg

...PS-Jake needs to chime in, as I recall sstb's are one of his favorites (surveyors anyhow)

I do like single spring knives but in particular I like single spring knives that have a catch bit ....like the knife that Canal Street cutlery made for us. I don't have any surveyors with less than 2 springs but Queen made one recently.

One of the nice things about single spring knives is that they are very efficient with no unused space. In contrast, a single end knife with two blades typically has lots of unused space. Seems like a waste. Just a place for loose change to get stuck. ...might as well have 3 blades in some cases.

Here's a couple examples... the knife on the right has a catch bit so there is a bit more room for the main blade. The blade on that knife is longer.

An old Rem from the 1920s. No brass on this Sleeveboard. He's a bit gappy and none too snappy but a fine looking old boy for all that.

IMG_3091_1.jpg

I think you need a few more Jack...hahaha.

28003388820_0d84b867a8_c.jpg

LOL! :D Penknives are by far the most common pattern I pick up Christian :thumbup:

Beautiful photo of a lovely knife my friend :thumbup:

Wenger Watchmaker

Wenger%2520Watchmaker%252085.JPG

Wenger%2520Watchmaker%252085%2520Open.JPG

Not seen one of these before, very cool.

Been thinking about changing the batteries in my watches myself, fed up with the cost in the shops, 8 Euro a go & need something proper to open the backs carefully.

I do Ron, when they're made right ;) I particularly like the humble penknife, and I never encounter blade-rub with my Sheffield examples. I like Jacks even more though! :D Thank you my friend, though I'm afraid I don't have photos of all my knives :)

Now we see why single spring two blades are hard to find. Jack has them all:D

Nice slide show my friend. It's truly amazing how many little pens were made and for all kinds of reasons. Thanks.

To me there’s something very special about the Buck 305 “Lancer.” A big part of it is probably because mine was given to me by my dad many years ago. But even so, this single-spring pen knife with it’s clip main blade and coping secondary is just about as handy a knife as I’ve ever owned.

Like thin ties and Cross pens, the elegant thin-ness reminds me of the times I grew up in during the 1960s. A rather harsh time in many ways if I remember rightly, but also a time of hope and the feeling of unlimited possibilities.

FvVyFfakOvTYb6Gv5LNijg

Now we see why single spring two blades are hard to find. Jack has them all:D

Nice slide show my friend. It's truly amazing how many little pens were made and for all kinds of reasons. Thanks.

Thanks Alan :D :) :thumbup:

Like thin ties and Cross pens, the elegant thin-ness reminds me of the times I grew up in during the 1960s. A rather harsh time in many ways if I remember rightly, but also a time of hope and the feeling of unlimited possibilities.

Well said :thumbup:

prunerblue_3.jpg

A pair in blue. Northwoods Willamette Whittler and Vic Pruner. I wish there were more of this combination of single spring and two blades in stainless.

Jack-loved the "Dominant" model! Any more info about it, of interest? And everyone, just fantastic photos and examples of great slim knives. Jack , just the ones you have photos of are incredible. How many more remain undocumented? Jake- I didn't realize it was the catch-bit in particular that you found so appealing, good to know. Carry on all, tremendous thread so far.
Thanks, Neal

]

You said it, all.

Back