Share your love of Traditional Folders with a Single Spring and Two Blades!

While laying out my weekly knives this morning, I noticed that this little brass novelty knife fits this thread:
AX0QnqK.jpg

- GT

Ron I'm particularly interested by that Queen. Sometime back, I tried to buy one from a dealer but he ignored my e-mails so I got fed-up. It was also rather expensive and on reflection I decided Queen's current F&F didn't merit the risk. :eek: Now looking at yours I'm interested again. How's the snap and other F&F aspects?

The Chunk Magnificent trio, very nice knives indeed, congratulations!

Thanks, Will

Will, I figured this one might strike your fancy! If my aging memory serves me well I seem to remember you posting up a cousin to this Stag 376 in another thread from the past. Maybe it was a Bone handle version with 420HC blades. Forgive me if I'm wrong. ;) This one has good snap and pull, let's say 5 - 6 range on both blades. F & F seems quite nice. The Stag is well fit and the back spring is gap less. The only fault I can give is the main has the slightest bit of movement in the open position all in all a nice pattern in my opinion. As to price they do seem to be a bit pricey for a Queen City. However they are limited to 30 I believe.

This thread is at least 50% responsible for a recent acquisition of mine! Between reading this thread and carrying a White Owl my appreciation for single spring two blade knives was rekindled and I began looking around to see what other single springs might be out there. I located a Case in unused condition and posted the seller's pic a few days ago. It was delivered today so I'd thought I'd post some pics of my own. Good or bad, I only have this Case because of a White Owl and this thread's posters. :eek: Therefore this thread is at least 50% responsible... thanks Ron and all who posted! :D :thumbup:

Case redbone c1965-1969

This thread is at least 50% responsible for a recent acquisition of mine! Between reading this thread and carrying a White Owl my appreciation for single spring two blade knives was rekindled and I began looking around to see what other single springs might be out there. I located a Case in unused condition and posted the seller's pic a few days ago. It was delivered today so I'd thought I'd post some pics of my own. Good or bad, I only have this Case because of a White Owl and this thread's posters. :eek: Therefore this thread is at least 50% responsible... thanks Ron and all who posted! :D :thumbup:

Case redbone c1965-1969

I am in love. Do not send it to me. I would carry it and use it too much.

Congratulations

Case redbone c1965-1969

James - That is a beautiful Redbone my friend! :thumbup: I am proud to take responsibility for that beauty! ;) Not at all bad for a knife that could be up to 52 years old. Congratulations! :D

frankster - That is a fine Mini Copperhead. I like the Wharncliffe blade on this knife. If you look around these can also be found in older models with some of that terrific CASE Redbone. But they will have the Clip blade as the Wharncliffe is of newer vintage. I hope you enjoy your new Blue Bone beauty. :thumbup:

I found this Richards Sheffield Pen knife on line. I am embarrassed to say how little I paid for it so I won't! I am impressed with the F & F on this small knife. The blades are precisely fit into such a small channel and with no blade rub. The walk and talk is excellent. It makes a dandy watch pocket knife and would be right at home in dress slacks.

33196831635_16d2521817_b_d.jpg

OoooooHHH! Fine items there George, very burnished bone too!

I hope you get that CASE back from the menders soon.

Ron My memory's worse than yours:D:eek::D No I don't have a bone version of that Queen but I have a very tasty Light Tan Bone White Owl in stainless, kind of similar.

With all those beautiful #13 Clerk's that everyone has been posting I couldn't believe this thread had slipped to page 5! :eek: So here is my first #13, a Clerk in Sambar Stag. :D

32995623580_bcf23710a1_b_d.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Ron! I hear my Micarta Clerk is now finally headed my way after weirdness with the tracking, can't wait:cool:

Also got another Black Box turning up which should qualify for this thread, patience....:D:D

With all those beautiful #13 Clerk's that everyone has been posting I couldn't believe this thread had slipped to page 5! :eek: So here is my first #13, a Clerk in Sambar Stag. :D

A real looker Ron. I like the clerks, maybe best? Not sure yet?

831e8384cd62566ff355a594c00aa07b.jpg

So many beautiful examples of the pattern described in the thread title! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
But I'm going to show something a little different. It fits the description, but I wouldn't call it a beautiful example! :rolleyes:
Here's a Marbles Handyman's Helper II that arrived last week. It's an all-stainless steel, 1-spring, 2-blade pen knife whose claim to fame is that it includes a built-in 16-inch (40+ centimeter) folding ruler! :cool:;)
tGqq93E.jpg

rhzd1GI.jpg

nghmBp7.jpg

The decision is yours: novelty knife, or essential tool??? :confused::D
I like it! :thumbsup:

- GT

GEC hit a home run with the 13's, but yours good be the MVP Ron.

Case redbone c1965-1969

Hard to believe that beauty is that old James. They don't get much better than that.

Thanks Alan. Someone took good care of it keeping it in unused condition. I was just fortunate to fine it. It's the most pristine example I have from that era. Hope I can keep it that way.

A real looker Ron. I like the clerks, maybe best? Not sure yet?

831e8384cd62566ff355a594c00aa07b.jpg

Alan, Your Clerk is a nice one also. I have really not saw any Stags that were not good on this last run.

So many beautiful examples of the pattern described in the thread title! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
But I'm going to show something a little different. It fits the description, but I wouldn't call it a beautiful example! :rolleyes:
Here's a Marbles Handyman's Helper II that arrived last week. It's an all-stainless steel, 1-spring, 2-blade pen knife whose claim to fame is that it includes a built-in 16-inch (40+ centimeter) folding ruler! :cool:;)

rhzd1GI.jpg

nghmBp7.jpg

The decision is yours: novelty knife, or essential tool??? :confused::D
I like it! :thumbsup:

- GT

Gary, It is a very unique knife. I totally agree with Ted, it would be a very usefull addition to a work bench or desk.:thumbsup:

GEC hit a home run with the 13's, but yours good be the MVP Ron.

Alan, I appreciate that. I will post my second Stag Clerk at the end of these quotes and you might just change your mind!!! :D:thumbsup:

here are a few, an old Ulster, a Schrade and a Queen.

View attachment 700457 View attachment 700458 View attachment 700459

John, thanks for joining in. Those are all some beautiful examples. The Ulster is a super old knife! That Schrade Farmers Jack is a special example!!! Makes me think of the Rendezvous and looking at Lyles wonderful collection. :cool: Good times indeed my friend. I can hardly wait until August! :D

I need to start keeping up with my thread a little better. Everyone has been posting some wonderful examples. :thumbsup: This is my 2nd #13 Clerk in Sambar Stag. I have posted it in other threads, but this is the debut here in this thread. The pile side is nice, but the mark side is super, IMHO!! :D

33504122982_d8c7319271_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back