1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Sheath for a TL-29

Discussion in 'Camillus Collector's Forum' started by zonaman, Jan 8, 2011.

1. zonaman

zonaman

Jan 17, 2007
    Does anyone out there know if there is a sheath for a Camillus TL-29 Electricians knife. I found some new nylon sheaths that might fit but I would prefer leather.

2. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
  3. zonaman

zonaman

Jan 17, 2007
    Thanks Codger. I had the pliers, knife and sheath when I was in the service but had to turn them in when I left the communications branch. And I actually climbed telephone poles when they were still wood. I better be careful, I'm dating myself.

4. citytransplant

citytransplant

Apr 12, 2008
    As far as I know, the only sheaths produced specifically for the electrician's knife were the sheaths mentioned by Codger. I have found the 4" basket-weave stamped sheath fit the knife nicely. I have a few and would be happy to send you one. PM me if you are interested.
    [​IMG]

5. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    My own TL-29 sheath is different from the one in the link I provided. It is more open-fronted with individual keeper straps for each utinsil. I'll see if I can locate a picture of the type.

Meanwhile, here is a post from Military Knife expert Frank Trzaska:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  6. CalFred

CalFred

Dec 6, 2009
    I have one of the dual sheaths - I will have to dig it out of the toolbox and take a look at it.