1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Sheep shear blades

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Sam Hell, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Sam Hell

Sam Hell

Jan 7, 2012
    What do you think? Is it a good type of blade for a knife?

2. PARKERKNIVES

PARKERKNIVES

Dec 1, 2008
    I have seen propper blade shears that were sharp enough to cut a few wool fibers that were layed across the edge and blown on. So I think they can be sharp enough for sure but most of them are a fare bit softer than a good custom knife . No reason they couldn't be heat treated to a higher hardness though.

3. Sam Hell

Sam Hell

Jan 7, 2012
    I had seen a pic of one and there was no follow up for performance, so I figured there should be some other info about them.

4. church&son

church&son

Jan 1, 2009
    Sam, here's one I done a while back made from a Burgon & Ball from Sheffield England.. I've used it a bunch and it has held up well.
    Been waiting for the right antler to do the other side. It took a while to get used to the chisel grind. It is part of a set with a remodeled old hatchet.

sheep3.jpg combo13.jpg