Show Finds @ PDX EXPO 2 Day

06-17-2012086.jpg

Taskmaster scissors with leather sheath, new, sheath has space 4 a medium fixed blade knife, $20.

Buck 127 filet knife from 1988, unused, with sheath, $28.

Bucklite 426X, 1990, light used, unsharpened, serrations sharp as first girlfriend's slap, $20.

I went to the show on friday and didn't see very many knives. It was mostly gun stuff and I was kinda disappointed

06-17-2012092.jpg

06-17-2012094.jpg

06-17-2012096.jpg

06-17-2012098.jpg

06-17-2012100.jpg

06-17-2012108.jpg

I don't see many, if any, serrated Bucklites so I had to rescue this gem.

Those are some particularly Wicked looking serrations Oregon!

So you've met her. Wicked puts it into a couth frame of reference. I've only a handful of serrate/part serrated knives but this one called out to me. It said, "enable me to cut something ASAP" like I couldn't refuse. I'm on it.

I went to the show on friday and didn't see very many knives. It was mostly gun stuff and I was kinda disappointed

You might consider following Betty's travel/show schedule if you want the new stuff. Out of Washington State, she is the bomb. I cannot say enough good things about her. She is a road warrior and shoulders a huge, brilliant, varied and affordable inventory. She went missing from this show. She was probably at a conflicting show elsewhere. Email me for contact information.

So you've met her. Wicked puts it into a couth frame of reference. I've only a handful of serrate/part serrated knives but this one called out to me. It said, "enable me to cut something ASAP" like I couldn't refuse. I'm on it.
LOL...I'd be looking for a piece of rope to hack though! :D

Alcohol bath, soap and brush scrub in hot water, blow dry with compressed air, polish blade and pins with Autosol, symol wax blade, tiny droplets of food-grade mineral oil on pivot area, fine stone touch up on cutting edge, add micro bevel to plain part of cutting edge, polish plain part of cutting edge with very fine polishing tape and lightly polish serrations: Good as new!

Don't get between me and something to sever. Don't do it. Uh uh.

Oregon, you did good again... I like all 3 but the Bucklite 426X, I like more... :thumbup: ... :thumbup: ... :thumbup:
I like what you said Quote: serrations sharp as first girlfriend's slap... I hate when they do that... :eek: ...

I need some pics of your new Bucklite on my post about Bucklites... ITE ...

You shall have it ITE. Happy Father's Day you father you. Enjoy that family.

Nice scores Oregon. Was this one of the Collectors West shows ?

Yes it was a Collector's West show. Thank you.

Old hands, with their ears to the ground, have the scuttle butt & sometimes the goods. I didn't see Betty, my hero. Next time.

Not a 124 in the place. Lots of guns & ammo. Some brilliant cutlery vendors persist in their nomadic pursuit of beginners, aficionados & collectors in order to share the joy, delight & love of life that is knives.

Yes it was a Collector's West show. Thank you.

Old hands, with their ears to the ground, have the scuttle butt & sometimes the goods. I didn't see Betty, my hero. Next time.

Not a 124 in the place. Lots of guns & ammo. Some brilliant cutlery vendors persist in their nomadic pursuit of beginners, aficionados & collectors in order to share the joy, delight & love of life that is knives.

I collected old Winchesters and Colts for quite a few years. I would hit every gun show I could in Oregon and Washington. I have to say, the quality of the shows really went down hill when CW took them over.
I use to look forward to the big show at the Expo. It was nothing but guns, and every table was full. Then I started noticing stuff like pictures, toys, and jerky being sold there. I told my wife, it would be all downhill from there out...

I perrty much got out of the collecting about 6 years ago, and haven't been back since. Has it changed any ?

I've been attending shows in this area for about 30 years. Many changes over that period but you can still find stunning specimens of your heart's desire, handle them, inspect them under a loupe, discuss them and horse trade with flesh & blood humans. Folks continue to bring their collections of firearms, cutlery and associated items to sell. Some vendors hold the gems for specific clients and/or other venues with better market conditions. You have to know them and they have to know you in order to get a crack at this stuff. You can stumble into a jackpot any time and any place. Sit home in front of a screen throwing verbal rocks and you've place quite a filter between you and the material world.

Elk Whisperer you missed the traveling Winchester show. Their truck was in the back of the Expo Center. Sorry, no pics.

I'm quite focused during most visits. I have a few things I look for. Some I'll talk about, like 124s, and some I won't, like, well, never mind. Hit and run. I want some vendors entire inventory. Really. I never met an Italian Stiletto I didn't like.

I've been attending shows in this area for about 30 years. Many changes over that period but you can still find stunning specimens of your heart's desire, handle them, inspect them under a loupe, discuss them and horse trade with flesh & blood humans. Folks continue to bring their collections of firearms, cutlery and associated items to sell. Some vendors hold the gems for specific clients and/or other venues with better market conditions. You have to know them and they have to know you in order to get a crack at this stuff. You can stumble into a jackpot any time and any place. Sit home in front of a screen throwing verbal rocks and you've place quite a filter between you and the material world.

Elk Whisperer you missed the traveling Winchester show. Their truck was in the back of the Expo Center. Sorry, no pics.

I'm quite focused during most visits. I have a few things I look for. Some I'll talk about, like 124s, and some I won't, like, well, never mind. Hit and run. I want some vendors entire inventory. Really. I never met an Italian Stiletto I didn't like.

Thats true. Knowing the dealers helps greatly. I know a few big time collectors, mostly Winchesters. It was great because, if they got something that they really didn't want or need, they would call and I would get first crack at them before they tried selling them.
Meet some really great people at the shows too.
I have gotten so far out of the loop, I don't even pay attention to the shows anymore, but wish I would have heard about the Winchester show. I would liked to have see that.

I was very focued at the shows too. I knew what I was looking for, and would work my way completely around the show looking for them. After that, I would go back through and leisurely look at everything. Drove my wife nuts when she would go :D

The best State gun show is in Albany:thumbup: (put on by the local gun show) not Collectors West. Same in Eugene (Willamette Valley Gun Club is best) not the not Collectors West show. The Portland show is OK if you live close, but not worth the drive.

- snip - Drove my wife nuts when she would go :D
My wife deserves a medal. Yours must be a saint.

The best State gun show is in Albany:thumbup: (put on by the local gun show) not Collectors West. Same in Eugene (Willamette Valley Gun Club is best) not the not Collectors West show. The Portland show is OK if you live close, but not worth the drive.
The Albany show was terrific. Many of the same vendors work all of the shows but the flavor and ambiance varies a great deal depending on the backer.

Back