Show your Sebenza/Zaan Lanyard Beads!

I'm looking to up my bead and lanyard game since I currently don't have any. Show us all what you've got!

Great idea for a post. I would love to get more beads like the one on my carbon fiber Inkosi. Looked all over, but cannot find them. Not even ones similar to it.

Here's a few...
The KnifeArt CRK CF knives come with this bead. Both the knives and beads are KA exclusives. CRK's lanyard pins will accommodate only 425 cord and I've tired of the stubby factory/factory-styled lanyards anyway, so when it's time for replacement I'll just go through the pin holes with 550. I've since replaced this "urban camo" as it got pretty dirty on a work knife.

xRojYUI.jpg

No bead on my large Inkosi natural Micarta, just this simple piece of double-slitted leather. Inkosis, like 25s, have no lanyard pin--you just wrap your tail around the back post. I like this simple look, but can't take credit as it came to me this way otherwise BNIB off the Exchange.

c9DfusV.jpg

Last one for now is my large 21 Insingo with a really nicely machined Micarta bead from Maverick Workshop to match the knife's inlays.

TpeKvb9.jpg

If you're looking for more ideas for beads and lanyards, fobs, or whatever you choose to call 'em, you can check out a bunch at The Official Lanyard Thread.

Last edited:
No bead on my large Inkosi natural Micarta, just this simple piece of double-slitted leather. Inkosis, like 25s, have no lanyard pin--you just wrap your tail around the back post. I like this simple look, but can't take credit as it came to me this way otherwise BNIB off the Exchange.

c9DfusV.jpg

Last one for now is my large 21 Insingo with a really nicely machined Micarta bead from Maverick Workshop to match the knife's inlays.

TpeKvb9.jpg

If you're looking for more ideas for beads and lanyards, fobs, or whatever you choose to call 'em, you can check out a bunch at The Official Lanyard Thread.
How does that piece of leather stay on? Looks like just a single twist but that doesn't seem secure.

Last edited:
How does that piece of leather stay on. Looks like just a single twist but that doesn't seem secure.
I was wondering the same thing.

It's magic, fellas! :rolleyes: Or, would you believe it's just a twist and I carry it very carefully? o_O

Actually, it's simple and pretty easy. After looping the leather strip through the hole or around a post, cut a slit in one side and pull the opposite end through. Then cut a slit in the one just pulled through and slip the first strand through that.

Here's a four-slitter I just put on my new Hinderer MP1....

H0lm1fQ.jpg

It's magic, fellas! :rolleyes: Or, would you believe it's just a twist and I carry it very carefully? o_O

Actually, it's simple and pretty easy. After looping the leather strip through the hole or around a post, cut a slit in one side and pull the opposite end through. Then cut a slit in the one just pulled through and slip the first strand through that.

Here's a four-slitter I just put on my new Hinderer MP1....

H0lm1fQ.jpg
Oh I see it now, here and in your original photo. Thanks!

What weight paracord are the original lanyards from crk? I bought some 550 cord and it's much heavier.

More of a fob than a bead, but here's a Mokume and Tritium one I whipped up a few months ago to go with the rest of my Mokume accents ;)

~Chip

Here's the new lanyard I put on my StarTac the other day. I first used 425 cord--even though I eliminated the lanyard pin--as the Wilson Combat bead is so small, but didn't like the look of it. I fooled around with various knots on partially and fully gutted 550, but ended up using full cord and just one snake knot between the bead and starting loop.

atiICP6.jpg

Mine keep coming off my Sabenza. I need to figure out a new way to attach them or get a new set of beads 'cause these are kind of shitty and pulling this knife out is always a pain in the ass!

Last edited:
Back