Simple 2-piece nylon watch strap ...

A simple 2-piece nylon watch strap can be a challenge to find online. So if anybody is looking for a high-quality North-American-sourced 2-piece good quality nylon watch strap in Ocean Blue or Space Black ... in 20mm or 22mm ... a small Canadian company in Vancouver called Strap Mill Canada is making and selling their own branded version.

To be clear, this is not a high profile (literally, in both senses of the word) NATO strap ... they sell plenty of those as well. I have some of their NATO's but also now two of these basic 2-piece straps in 22mm ... just perfect for an SKX or Casio Duro. Definitely far far better than the stock plasticky/rubber ...

From their website ...

"This is one of the most comfortable two piece nylon straps in the market today. Why? In place of the usual double layered construction, we have opted for a single layered structure to keep the strap soft and pliable. In addition, the underside of the strap has been designed to prevent skin irritation. The result is a slim profile wearing experience. For easy removal of the strap, we have added a quick release spring bar so no tools are required for a strap change."

h??ps://www.strapmillcanada.com/collections/22mm/products/space-black-2-piece-nylon-watch-strap

That quick-release spring-bar (not exactly ISO-spec) would probably rule-out water-skiing and actual SCUBA diving with your new Tudor Black Bay, but it's also uber-handy handy for typical day-to-day wear.

The actual straps can be a real challenge to find on the Strap Mill Canada website ... I discovered them by accident. They are not mentioned among/amid the company's four "Collections" (Leather, and Seatbelt NATO, and NATO, and SMC Rubber) ... you have to go to the WIDTH link in the horizontal menu at the top of the page, and click on 22mm or 20mm ... and then browse for a few seconds until you find them ... black and blue.

CAN$25 US$20

A small operation but good guys ... they've always answered emails within a day. On Instagram too ... watch buffs, as well ... always a good sign ... tell them Captain Ron sent you!

I'm naturally curious to know if people found this interesting or helpful. "Radio Silence" is always a small bummer ... I live in the ranch country of SW Alberta and have no association at all with this company in Vancouver ... other than being a happy customer ...

Oldmanron, while the product looks fair and your post seems sincere, I guess it is still up in its original form because none has reported it. I don't think links to non-BF-suporting dealers are allowed. Maybe in this particular case it is, since we are not talking knives and I guess none of the suportes sell this product.

As to how much interest it rises... mmm... I can't tell. I only wear a watch when I go spearfishing or alpine climbing, other than that I mostly rely on my smartphone. For my particular use I carry one of the dumbest CASIO square face watches, as I only need it to provide me with time. While spearfishing I wear it on my wrist. When climbing it usually rides in a Dring in the shoulder strap of whichever backpack I might be wearing. For now, the stock rubber wristband has sufficed. If it ever breaks and the watch is lost... well, a replacement costs less than this nylon strap band you are mentioning!

Mikel

Hey Mikel,

Thanks for "chiming-in" ...

To address your points ... look more closely and you'll see that I carefully did not provide a "hot" link to the seller/designer/manufacturer/contractor ... which I think has been the acceptable protocol here for years. Those two ?? in the h??p part of the URL that I posted are there to respect that very reasonable rule.

As for your second paragraph, I also have (and love) a Casio 5600 G-Shock in my modest collection. For some days and activities and moods ... it's just perfect. Plus, it's historic and certainly iconic.

And i agree ... the lowes-priced Casio quartz watches (< US$20 you say ) are incredible deals. But I'm a sucker for history.

I also posted this handy tidbit of info on the proper forum of the CGN website in Canada. Not one response or comment ... typical Canadians ... so I deleted it.

So your quibbling is actually most welcome :)

Thanks for "taking the time" ...

Last edited:
To address your points ... look more closely and you'll see that I carefully did not provide a "hot" link to the seller/designer/manufacturer/contractor ... which I think has been the acceptable protocol here for years. Those two ?? in the h??p part of the URL that I posted are there to respect that very reasonable rule.
Internet outsmarted us both because I also thought the link was not going to work... but indeed, it DID work and took me to the manufacturers page. But I will not be telling anyone!!!

As for your second paragraph, I also have (and love) a Casio 5600 G-Shock in my modest collection. For some days and activities and moods ... it's just perfect. Plus, it's historic and certainly iconic.

And i agree ... the lowes-priced Casio quartz watches (< US$20 you say ) are incredible deals. But I'm a sucker for history.
Many moons ago we (as a family) gifted my Dad with a Casio ProTrek Triple Sensor watch (about same size as the GShocks)... nice piece of kit but with several issues. First issue is that it is too big and if you are not a huge guy, it impedes the natural flexing (upwards) of the wrist. My dad was scrambling a bit during a climb and when pushing down on some rocks he managed to put too much presure on it (when flexing hand upwards) and leveraged it off (the wrist band connection strap popped out of the tiny holes. He noticed and didn't loose the watch. From then on, it rode on the shoulder strap. Second issue is that the altimeter is no good over 4000m... I borrowed it for a alpine climbing trip in the Alps and the thing crapped on me above 4000m. We were (to some extent) relying on the altimeter to navigate us through a nice whiteout and all of a sudden we found ourselves without the altitude reference. Not good!

I have tried some GShocks at the store and I find them too bulky for my taste. But I know they are pretty much indestructible so I am not bashing them. They are just not for me.

Mikel

Back