Simple Simon met a Pieman

As simple as that Jared, Nickel Silver, 1/2" long maybe around 1/8" wide, peened. Like a functional Shield. Just a goofy idea that popped in my head, thought it might look sleek with Blackwood.

You've been on a roll with some nice blades lately, and I'm not goin anywhere.....but then again........ maybe these ARE the droids you're looking for....(waving hand slowly):D

.. and hwat-not!

John,
Look forward to how you do with the pin!

Attachments

• 61147453.jpg
    61147453.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 23
A rectangular pin then? I can't think of anything else.

Oooh. Purdy!!! I'm trying to resist buying one of these, but you're not making it easy...

Jared, buy the knife, buy the knife...............:D

So I was thinking, (which is dangerous even when not in a Halloween candy induced coma) a couple of guys have shown maybe some interest in these knives.

Here's what I would hate to see happen: I finish these knives and put them up in a sales thread (at the weird hours I usually do things) and you guys that watched the thread and tolerate my madness in this subforum miss out on a chance to get one. So I have a question:

Is there a way, that I can first offer them to our dysfunctional family here when they are completed?

This is just an idea off the top of my Halloween candy filled head. If it sounds like it would be a mess, let me know.

What about a "Dibs" system. You guys can call Dibs at some point in a thread. When they are completed, you'd have first crack at it. That would not mean that you were obligated, just have a chance at it before it became available to people outside our dysfunctional family.

Or would it be easier just to do a first come, first serve when the knives are completed and post them for sale at the end of this thread? Let me know what you think.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to presume that these will sell quick, or even sell for that matter, but if there's something I can do to get those of us that hear the cowbell clang to have first crack at them, then I'm all ears.

That's where the propeller goes.

One propeller in the middle and three holes where the guns go on each side. Obviously, it's a P40 Tiger Shark.

p-40-3-jpg.121352

That reminded me of Black sheep Squadron.
Baa Baa Baaaaaa
vought_f4u_corsair_aircraft-1440x900.jpg

I guess the new knife will be named Tiger Shark? Or perhaps, Corsair?

What I think I'm gonna do is finish out this one with the shield, pin, key, thingamabob first and see how it goes. The rest were going to have regular pins, but if this comes out nice, isnt a complete and total pain in the arse, and everyone likes it, we can do it on the rest and make it a model. You guys name it and we'll go from there. "Corsair" gets my vote:thumbup:

Chris posted a Tiger Shark above the F4u, it might not have loaded.

I think Tiger Shark was just the name of certain models of P40. The real name was the Warhawk (which wouldn't make a very good name for a knife that isn't a 'hawk :p).

Running a quick normalization cycle, gonna try to get her quenched and in a 2 hr temper so I can take my 3 yr old to Ballet. The girl wants to dance, and make knives:D

Corsair gets my vote. It's always been my favorite warbird.

Dance girl, dance.

Last temper cycle should be done in an hour or so. I'm gonna try to get some sets of scales cut out tonight.

We'll see how this works out, the key, pin, shield (?) weighs less than a 1/4" pin of equal length. It will have one 3/32" pin in the rear, and one up front. If you can picture that in Blackwood, tell me what you think. All Nickel Silver by the way.

The small hole in the scallop at the bottom of the pic is the pin hole, the other two are just for an epoxy bridge.

Too much goodness in the last three pages to multi-quote, so, instead; dibs... :cool:

If one becomes a mutt, that'll be the one...

I vote for "Corsair" as the model name too. Just because. :D

As simple as that Jared, Nickel Silver, 1/2" long maybe around 1/8" wide, peened. Like a functional Shield. Just a goofy idea that popped in my head, thought it might look sleek with Blackwood.

You've been on a roll with some nice blades lately, and I'm not goin anywhere.....but then again........ maybe these ARE the droids you're looking for....(waving hand slowly):D

Now that sounds pretty cool!!! Blackwood and Nickel Silver will look SOOOOooooo good together!

Dat-Ass.jpg

Jared, buy the knife, buy the knife...............:D

LMAO!!! I do NOT need any help Scott!!! :p

So I was thinking, (which is dangerous even when not in a Halloween candy induced coma) a couple of guys have shown maybe some interest in these knives.

Here's what I would hate to see happen: I finish these knives and put them up in a sales thread (at the weird hours I usually do things) and you guys that watched the thread and tolerate my madness in this subforum miss out on a chance to get one. So I have a question:

Is there a way, that I can first offer them to our dysfunctional family here when they are completed?

This is just an idea off the top of my Halloween candy filled head. If it sounds like it would be a mess, let me know.

What about a "Dibs" system. You guys can call Dibs at some point in a thread. When they are completed, you'd have first crack at it. That would not mean that you were obligated, just have a chance at it before it became available to people outside our dysfunctional family.

Or would it be easier just to do a first come, first serve when the knives are completed and post them for sale at the end of this thread? Let me know what you think.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to presume that these will sell quick, or even sell for that matter, but if there's something I can do to get those of us that hear the cowbell clang to have first crack at them, then I'm all ears.

I like that. Kinda like a soft "I'll take it.", but without all the commitment. ;) Good idea actually. :thumbup:

We'll see how this works out, the key, pin, shield (?) weighs less than a 1/4" pin of equal length. It will have one 3/32" pin in the rear, and one up front. If you can picture that in Blackwood, tell me what you think. All Nickel Silver by the way.

The small hole in the scallop at the bottom of the pic is the pin hole, the other two are just for an epoxy bridge.

Ooooooohhhhh yeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh...

Dat-Ass.jpg

Dat-Ass.jpg

Dat-Ass.jpg

I really hope your idea for that center pin works, because I think that would be pretty darned cool! :cool:

Too much goodness in the last three pages to multi-quote, so, instead; dibs... :cool:

If one becomes a mutt, that'll be the one...

LMAO! Yeah, you're probably right, but I did it anyway. :p

Oh yea, before I forget...

DIBS! :D

Now THAT'S whatcha call a multiquote! Is that guy trying to take a dump?:p

In my head, the pin works out and looks good, but it's a strange place up there.

I got the scales cut out, the grain is looking good so far. Fitting the pin shouldn't be too much of a pain, just tedious, bare with me.

Back