Skinny ASH1 regrind by Josh

Hey guys,

A while back I got this Skinny ASH1 (eBay); I used it, then stripped it... and discovered some ugly grind and tooling marks under the coating. That, and good-but-not-great geometry, led me to send my knife off to Josh at Razor Edge. I saw all the fine work he did, so I figured he'd clean-up what quickly became my favorite knife. I really love this one as an all-arounder.

So, here are the pics... dressed, stripped, and after Josh was through with it; he couldn't get all the tooling marks out--one was a deep gouge--but his work is top notch and it is absolutely scary sharp and slimmed down just enough. He left the spine at it's original width.

Coated
2h57a0g.jpg

Stripped--those marks were on both sides
359y2v4.jpg

After Josh
6tilbo.jpg

or80o8.jpg

I'll be sending future knives is way--his work is amazing and he was great to correspond with. Great experience all around. And the Skinny ASH1 preforms incredibly :thumbsup:

The Skinny ASH1 is a truly exceptional performer, and that just takes it to the next level. Great to know Josh is turning out such high-quality work! :thumbsup: Especially with the Custom Shop shut down--I'm sure there's a big backlog of demand out there.

I like the look of that a lot, a few scars add character! Sure it's a joy to use now too.

It sure is... Josh convexed it, and made a slight micro-bevel with his wicked edge, and then blended it all. It bites deep and slices very well; I tried it on wood, cardboard, and food prep since getting it back... the edge handled it all and stayed exceptionally sharp.

Beautiful knife to begin with --- taken to the next level with Josh's touch. Congrats!!

I'm personally a Fat Ash guy, but Skinny ones need love too ;)

That looks amazing! I actually like that character mark A. Kinda gives it some special individuality. Sweet job Josh did. Killer looking blade if you ask me bro!

Thanks guys--yep, love this thing. It was on my belt today, hiking with my son/ the Cub Scouts in Monrovia Canyon. It's light enough to carry anywhere, but heavy duty enough for any task that may come along.

And I'm glad some of those tooling marks stayed behind, it does give the blade a little bit of individual character.

WOW....great looking stuff mate.....but you better put MY ASH back in the sheath and mail it home to me now.... ;)

I'm sad I don't have a skinny ass. Wait. What?

Didn't I out-bid you for that Skinny Ass... --no, I mean ASH! :p

Thanks for not pushing the bid any higher--it was getting close to the max bid I submitted, and if you recall, it was a sentimental purchase.

Back