1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Skinny ASH1 regrind by Josh

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Aias, Jun 17, 2017 at 2:41 PM.

1. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Hey guys,

A while back I got this Skinny ASH1 (eBay); I used it, then stripped it... and discovered some ugly grind and tooling marks under the coating. That, and good-but-not-great geometry, led me to send my knife off to Josh at Razor Edge. I saw all the fine work he did, so I figured he'd clean-up what quickly became my favorite knife. I really love this one as an all-arounder.

So, here are the pics... dressed, stripped, and after Josh was through with it; he couldn't get all the tooling marks out--one was a deep gouge--but his work is top notch and it is absolutely scary sharp and slimmed down just enough. He left the spine at it's original width.

Coated
    [​IMG]

Stripped--those marks were on both sides
    [​IMG]

After Josh
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll be sending future knives is way--his work is amazing and he was great to correspond with. Great experience all around. And the Skinny ASH1 preforms incredibly :thumbsup:

donscpoo, AValenz and inkynate like this.
  2. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    The Skinny ASH1 is a truly exceptional performer, and that just takes it to the next level. Great to know Josh is turning out such high-quality work! :thumbsup: Especially with the Custom Shop shut down--I'm sure there's a big backlog of demand out there.

Aias likes this.
  3. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    FN Beautiful.... I"ll take it

Aias likes this.
  4. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    I like the look of that a lot, a few scars add character! Sure it's a joy to use now too.

Aias likes this.
  5. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    It sure is... Josh convexed it, and made a slight micro-bevel with his wicked edge, and then blended it all. It bites deep and slices very well; I tried it on wood, cardboard, and food prep since getting it back... the edge handled it all and stayed exceptionally sharp.

6. Shark01

Shark01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Josh always does great work!

Aias likes this.
  7. Rob_Mob

Rob_Mob Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Beautiful knife to begin with --- taken to the next level with Josh's touch. Congrats!!

I'm personally a Fat Ash guy, but Skinny ones need love too ;)

Aias likes this.
  8. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    That looks amazing! I actually like that character mark A. Kinda gives it some special individuality. Sweet job Josh did. Killer looking blade if you ask me bro!

Aias likes this.
  9. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Thanks guys--yep, love this thing. It was on my belt today, hiking with my son/ the Cub Scouts in Monrovia Canyon. It's light enough to carry anywhere, but heavy duty enough for any task that may come along.

And I'm glad some of those tooling marks stayed behind, it does give the blade a little bit of individual character.

10. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    WOW....great looking stuff mate.....but you better put MY ASH back in the sheath and mail it home to me now.... ;)

Aias likes this.
  11. Stump Buster

Stump Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Well Done!!!:thumbsup:

Aias likes this.
  12. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    You can't get all the ASH, Andy! :p

13. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Yes but I can TRY to .... ;)

Aias likes this.
  14. Tom Kanik

Tom Kanik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2003
    You have done a pretty good job of it so far Andy!:D:thumbsup:

Aias likes this.
  15. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm sad I don't have a skinny ass. Wait. What?

Aias likes this.
  16. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Didn't I out-bid you for that Skinny Ass... --no, I mean ASH! :p

Thanks for not pushing the bid any higher--it was getting close to the max bid I submitted, and if you recall, it was a sentimental purchase.

17. tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    I only remember that it was a super deal

18. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    500 for new Skinny ASH1, Chuddy Bear leather, and Mashed Cat kydex

19. tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    Yup. Good deal