Small EDC/Neck knife recommendations

I love carrying a fixed blade around my neck. I still carry a folder but I find this method of carry is the most convenient way to carry a knife (especially a fixed blade).

I have a CRK Professional Soldier and a Hinderer Flashpoint that I use as neck knives. The Flashpoint really is a perfect neck knife as far as size. The CRK is kind of pushing it as far as size but since there are no scales on the handle it's not too heavy and sometimes it is nice to have a bigger 3.5" fixed blade.

Another more price friendly option would be an ESEE Izula. I have a stainless steel model I carry in the same configuration.

IMG_1330.jpg
Is that some sort of elastic cord that you use as retention straps ?

It's just paracord. I use a double fisherman's knot (which is used to join two pieces of cord together) and I just pull the two sides away from each other to shorten the length of the loop. It's very secure and completely adjustable.

I have always liked the neck knives of DW Childress, he goes by Duck Childress, some different steels and handle materials. I started a thread on Bird and trout knives that had a lot of smaller blades,not necessarily for hunting, but perfect for smaller tasks. I also carried a few smaller knives in a KSF pocket sheath.

http://www.bladeforums.com/index.ph...ity-knives-show-please.1349448/#post-15510821

I'll second this. He makes some really nicely finished smaller knives for a very affordable price. I have bought two, one for myself and one for my friend and they see a lot of use camping and hiking.

2ey9ykp.jpg

It's just paracord. I use a double fisherman's knot (which is used to join two pieces of cord together) and I just pull the two sides away from each other to shorten the length of the loop. It's very secure and completely adjustable.

Thanks ! I might could do something similar .

I just realized I misunderstood your question. The blue cord you see is shock cord and yes it's a safety to make sure the knife doesn't release. The sheaths retain the knives for EDC use but if I'm doing something active (like skiing) I flip down the shock cord just to make sure it can't fall out.

I just realized I misunderstood your question. The blue cord you see is shock cord and yes it's a safety to make sure the knife doesn't release. The sheaths retain the knives for EDC use but if I'm doing something active (like skiing) I flip down the shock cord just to make sure it can't fall out.
Yeah ! That's what I meant exactly . Gotta get me some shock cord in small diameter . Thanks .

I've EDCd a Smith and Wesson clip point neck knife for several years now and have had no complaints. Small, light, good for utility work, and discrete. Has a nice little textured groove for your index finger so you get a good hold on the handle when cutting.

This one is definitely different from most of the suggestions. White River Knives Knucklehead. I love mine.
mbffx94.jpg

Last edited:
The Enyo by Spartan Blades needs to be considered in this category. much more comfortable in hand than it appears...not sure if it will meet the finger guard criteria though.

Smallest knife I own, Boker+ Newton Martin k-bit...

Want to see how much you can pack in a small package? Less then 2" of chisel ground 440c is surprisingly capable with its hawkbill design.

Look for a custom that suits your needs. Can be found on this forum. Good luck in your search . Let us know what you choose

This one is definitely different from most of the suggestions. White River Knives Knucklehead. I love mine.
mbffx94.jpg
This is actually one that has caught my eye before, but I forgot about it. This is in the running now for sure!

Use will be simple EDC tasks, it should be capable of being a self-defense tool in the unlikely scenario it is needed
If you serious want something useful for EDC chores and especially for SD , I suggest you get a knife you can get a very firm grip on and manipulate properly . Some of the most attractive/sexy bling thingies are actually worthless for SD !

Back