1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

SOG Twitch II

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by harlycarly, Jan 25, 2011.

1. harlycarly

harlycarly Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 1, 2008
    My son was home from college for holiday break and was admiring my SOG Twitch II, which I'd guess I've had for about 8 - 10 years. I would like to pick one up for him, but have had to send back several mail or web ordered knives in the past year or two because they are made in China & Taiwan. These have included "tried and true" brands such as Cold Steel, Buck, SOG and a few others.

Anybody know where the newest SOG Twitch II is manufactured?

I'm sure he won't carry it in his school backpack, but when he's outdoors at home. Thanks for your input.

2. Brutal-Force

Brutal-Force

Dec 7, 2010
  3. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member Gold Member Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2004
    The knife itself does not indicate a country of origin.

4. harlycarly

harlycarly Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Exactly. I guess I can assume that it is made in USA. Then again, you know what they say about ASSume. Could never figure it out on mine, but back then they all seemed to be USA made.

5. The key is 'Assembled' in the USA. This usually means the individual parts are from elsewhere, then shipped to the USA and 'assembled'. Awful lot of products made this way, nowadays.

6. ono724

ono724

Jul 17, 2010
    I have a Twitch II which I like okay. The blade has quite a bit of side-to-side play. I wouldn't use it for anything too heavy, but it's nice for general cutting..just my opinion, of course..

I do believe on the packaging it said "Gunny tested..." whatever that means :D

7. It's means 'Gunny' tested it to see if it'd give him a paycheck. It worked. Makes a very distinct 'CHA-CHING' sound when it works right.

[​IMG]

These are pretty slick little knives, BTW.

8. ono724

ono724

Jul 17, 2010
    Thank you sir for that interesting bit of information..:thumbup:

I agree, it sharpens up nice..AUS-8, I believe?

9. That's what mine are. I have one each of the Twitch I, II and XL. All slightly older models, purchased 10+ years ago, I think.

10. OQOQOQO

OQOQOQO

Oct 22, 2010
    i previously carried a twitch 2 and it has the record of longest use out of a knife for me. it is aus 8 but im not sure about where its made.i love mine though

11. winkydo

winkydo

Apr 28, 2009
    i got my twitch 2 about two years ago at a large sporting goods store. recently i saw that a local big name hardware store carries a twitch 2 with a plastic handle for the same price. a review on youtube mentions the side to side blade play being pretty bad on the plastic model. my two year old twitch 2 locks up solid and stays that way.

12. yuldeli

yuldeli

Apr 27, 2010
    I've had my Twitch II for a couple of years. Use it as my "suit knife". Locks up well,no blade play and the blade takes a razor sharp edge.

13. kychow2000

kychow2000

Mar 16, 2006
    You can bet your bottom dollar that if a product comes with no country of origin markings, it's made in China. Otherwise, it would be clearly marked to indicate that it's NOT made in China.

14. retzius

retzius

Sep 17, 2009
    You have HAD to send them back becuase they were made outside the US? If you only want US products I understand that, but you are really limiting yourself these days. The Spyderco Taiwan made knives are amazing and better than most domestic knives Ive used. Fyi, I wouldnt even consider Taiwan or Taichung (also Taiwan) as "china made"... they are worlds apart, politically too.

15. bladeboss

bladeboss

Mar 6, 2012
    i have a SOG twitch 2 and the blade wiggles more than any other knife i own.

16. Sharp Steel

Sharp Steel

Aug 10, 2009
  17. whateatsrabbits

whateatsrabbits

Nov 24, 2011
    I just received twitch 2 as a gift. Really neat little knife. Packed with one of a kind features, assisted lock back with flipper. USA all the way, don't send you money over seas.

18. Paul Z

Paul Z

May 20, 2011
    As long as the quality is there (spyderco for example) I dont think it should matter where its made, just look at the knife and if its quality, then it is. People made it and were paid to do so, doesn't matter where imo as long as its made properly!

My first "real" knife was a flash II and it was great, ive heard bad things about them since (i lost my first one it was years ago) I hope the QC hasnt gone down, im tempted to grab one since they're relatively cheap.