SOG Twitch II

harlycarly

Basic Member
My son was home from college for holiday break and was admiring my SOG Twitch II, which I'd guess I've had for about 8 - 10 years. I would like to pick one up for him, but have had to send back several mail or web ordered knives in the past year or two because they are made in China & Taiwan. These have included "tried and true" brands such as Cold Steel, Buck, SOG and a few others.

Anybody know where the newest SOG Twitch II is manufactured?

I'm sure he won't carry it in his school backpack, but when he's outdoors at home. Thanks for your input.

The knife itself does not indicate a country of origin.

Exactly. I guess I can assume that it is made in USA. Then again, you know what they say about ASSume. Could never figure it out on mine, but back then they all seemed to be USA made.

I have a Twitch II which I like okay. The blade has quite a bit of side-to-side play. I wouldn't use it for anything too heavy, but it's nice for general cutting..just my opinion, of course..

I do believe on the packaging it said "Gunny tested..." whatever that means :D

I have a Twitch II which I like okay. The blade has quite a bit of side-to-side play. I wouldn't use it for anything too heavy, but it's nice for general cutting..just my opinion, of course..

I do believe on the packaging it said "Gunny tested..." whatever that means :D

It's means 'Gunny' tested it to see if it'd give him a paycheck. It worked. Makes a very distinct 'CHA-CHING' sound when it works right.

gunny-letter.jpg

These are pretty slick little knives, BTW.

It's means 'Gunny' tested it to see if it'd give him a paycheck. It worked. Makes a very distinct 'CHA-CHING' sound when it works right.

gunny-letter.jpg

These are pretty slick little knives, BTW.

Thank you sir for that interesting bit of information..:thumbup:

I agree, it sharpens up nice..AUS-8, I believe?

Thank you sir for that interesting bit of information..:thumbup:

I agree, it sharpens up nice..AUS-8, I believe?

That's what mine are. I have one each of the Twitch I, II and XL. All slightly older models, purchased 10+ years ago, I think.

i previously carried a twitch 2 and it has the record of longest use out of a knife for me. it is aus 8 but im not sure about where its made.i love mine though

i got my twitch 2 about two years ago at a large sporting goods store. recently i saw that a local big name hardware store carries a twitch 2 with a plastic handle for the same price. a review on youtube mentions the side to side blade play being pretty bad on the plastic model. my two year old twitch 2 locks up solid and stays that way.

I've had my Twitch II for a couple of years. Use it as my "suit knife". Locks up well,no blade play and the blade takes a razor sharp edge.

The knife itself does not indicate a country of origin.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if a product comes with no country of origin markings, it's made in China. Otherwise, it would be clearly marked to indicate that it's NOT made in China.

I would like to pick one up for him, but have had to send back several mail or web ordered knives in the past year or two because they are made in China & Taiwan.

You have HAD to send them back becuase they were made outside the US? If you only want US products I understand that, but you are really limiting yourself these days. The Spyderco Taiwan made knives are amazing and better than most domestic knives Ive used. Fyi, I wouldnt even consider Taiwan or Taichung (also Taiwan) as "china made"... they are worlds apart, politically too.

I just received twitch 2 as a gift. Really neat little knife. Packed with one of a kind features, assisted lock back with flipper. USA all the way, don't send you money over seas.

As long as the quality is there (spyderco for example) I dont think it should matter where its made, just look at the knife and if its quality, then it is. People made it and were paid to do so, doesn't matter where imo as long as its made properly!

My first "real" knife was a flash II and it was great, ive heard bad things about them since (i lost my first one it was years ago) I hope the QC hasnt gone down, im tempted to grab one since they're relatively cheap.

Back