• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD, Blade Show inventory sale, ten knives

What I don't understand is how a post of a random letter gets you anything. Most of the top posts were that and then a possible edit later. Versus posting what they wanted to buy in the initial post. It was like they were trying to hold a spot. I'm new to this forum so trying to figure out how it all works. Especially since I posted the items I was interested in right off the bat, and virtually no posts before mine specified anything.

What I don't understand is how a post of a random letter gets you anything. Most of the top posts were that and then a possible edit later. Versus posting what they wanted to buy in the initial post. It was like they were trying to hold a spot. I'm new to this forum so trying to figure out how it all works. Especially since I posted the items I was interested in right off the bat, and virtually no posts before mine specified anything.

Hi. Yes you're correct. The fastest way to secure a spot is to post a random letter. You can edit it for what you want later. If you type the whole message you'll never be quick enough. Good luck in the future

The actual ordering is done through email with Jo. That’s technically when and where you lock down what you want.
Many of CPK’s sales are highly competitive with limited numbers.
Sometimes, when a pattern is new and in demand, you are only allowed to get one knife per post. That restriction was not in place on this particular sale.
You are even allowed to request a proxy buyer. <<< there are rules pertaining to this.

Come on over to the CPK forum and hang out. There is a lot to learn and a lot of great people willing to help out.
Some people get frustrated and give up. The ones who don’t give up end up getting what they are after!

I would be curious to understand how many knives were actually sold this time. The sale was a bit confusing for me. Was it just limited to ten knives from what was on the table? It looks like over 30 knives were claimed. Was there ten of each type available?
Anyway, I’m glad to have my two CPK knives from previous sales, but I am still thinking to snag another one!

I would love a CPK UF but I have to work my as off right now and it’s just not been in the cards. I will keep my eye open for next Friday .

I haven’t given up but it’s been about a year of trying to keep tabs on the forum. At some point I will remember and not be slammed with work.

I'm not quite sure I understood. Was this sale for the first 10 knifes sold (so first 10 posts) or for all the BS inventory and then 10 custom orders on top. Sorry for the questions, trying to learn the ropes.

The sale was for the first ten knives. Our last sale took all weekend to sell ten knives, I wasn't expecting it to be so crazy. We'll have another sale next Friday, hopefully it won't be too frantic.

I would be curious to understand how many knives were actually sold this time. The sale was a bit confusing for me. Was it just limited to ten knives from what was on the table? It looks like over 30 knives were claimed. Was there ten of each type available?
Anyway, I’m glad to have my two CPK knives from previous sales, but I am still thinking to snag another one!

I'm sorry it was confusing. These sales can be difficult to predict sometimes. I'm going to make an effort to get some shelf stock inventory listed on Amazon or similar so folks can get what they want without the confusion. The costs will be somewhat higher (listing on Amazon isn't free) but it should help streamline things for people who don't like these sales.

IMHO- Sell them here and keep the profit local for you and your hard work. Part of the appeal in dealing with knife makers is they get the fruits of their labor directly without a middle man's sticky fingers.

I'm sorry it was confusing. These sales can be difficult to predict sometimes. I'm going to make an effort to get some shelf stock inventory listed on Amazon or similar so folks can get what they want without the confusion. The costs will be somewhat higher (listing on Amazon isn't free) but it should help streamline things for people who don't like these sales.

Personally like this type of sale. Kinda like an auction or competition and if you lose out, you lose out. No big deal, move on and wait for the next.

No reason for you to lose out on profits, but then again if you see a good market on Amazon, might be worth your trouble to.

Due to the confusion, I am contacting everyone that posted by 3:01. I cannot send you a PM. If you are still interested, please send me an email to jocarothers (at) gmail (dot) com
Thanks!

And this is why CPK is one of the best out there. Their attention to their customers earn those customers for a lifetime.

Back