Something Cool

KFU

Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator
I just finished up a Becker BK9 blank that was sent to me by a forum member. He came across four old Camilius blanks that were hardened but not ground. I did a full convex on it and just finished sharpening it up. I wanted to check the heat treat for a chopper so I took it out in the front yard and chopped a 4x4 in half at 1:00 in the morning :) Brought it back in and it sliced paper like it was butter. If he likes it he is going to give me one of the blanks. I have major plans for that bad boy! Its still going to be a chopper but Im going to change it a little. Remove the ramp, front choil, extended tang, make it a drop point, etc. Im pretty stoked and hope I get to it after my Feb orders. Ill post up pics when its done.

Bro goto ebay im sure they are there cheap! If there that good???????????

Bill, I think its pretty rare to find one that has only been profiled and not ground. They are the Camilius knives before they went to Kabar.

Sounds pretty sweet!! I remember when the guy posted that he found em in the Becker forum. Everyone wanted to get their hands on one of the blanks. Glad you are getting the chance to have one, cuz like you said they should be pretty darn rare. I also agree, PICTURES!!!

Hmmmm...just ordered my 9 and I'm thinking I want the front swedge bowie cut, so there's a nice flat spot for batoning. Might have to send it your way if you want some more time with the BK9. :)

What, no photos? You know what they say - pics or it didn't happen.

Sounds pretty cool though, and your plans for the one blank sounds good. Definitely show photos of that one.

Back