sr77 tougher than infi.

Not cryptic, we were around back then, it beat the SHBM in push cuts through clean new rope and still shaves too, stopping only when Jerry ran out of rope.

That was the Basic 9, wasn't it?

The B9 is not the answer.

Cliff had one(and may not have known it), and thank god he did after all the grinding he did to it.

Lil Foo has one as well, maybe two.

Of Course I have one or two:D

These were not the 1/300's or 1/6's or 1/50's which were all basically done from the same blanks. These were the very first ones to come out and were all hand ground. They were disguised to be like any other and sold as such, but they were different and you could tell the heft when you picked them up even though dimensionally they were the same as the others.

I know Cliff has a video up where he regrinds his SHBM on a belt sander. In his review it's listed as .275" stock, which appears to be an odd size based on the bussecollector site?

I know Cliff has a video up grinding his SHBM on a belt sander and in his review it's listed as .275" stock, which appears to be an odd size based on the bussecollector site?

Out of the 34-35 SHBM's I have had, the sizes all varied from 0.245 all the way to 0.30. The later models were the consistent ones right at 0.25-0.26. Most of the 1/300 were 0.265 to 0.277, but I had a few 1/6's that were under 0.25( yes the 1/6's numbered more than 6 lol)

Hmmm, the only large Busse's I recall reading about from Cliff are the SHBM, BME, and the Basic 10. I don't know enough to crack this riddle though.

I gave the answer but it is cryptic as timmy said. It is a version of the SHBM.

OK Cobalt, its time to get fair dinkum about it.

I'm going searching posts by Eric the Pirate and Skunk.

I'll find this dam knife. First stop is "Nothing but pics Part 2 No Chatting"

Lawrie

Would said mystery knife be contained in any of these photos???

2009047_zpshidgvf1g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2009277_zpscsu6js3q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03787_zpst6r4bgr2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC01001_zpsnqhlqcgh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-25%20at%207.43.28%20pm_zpsdhicnpmf.png
[/URL][/IMG]

2009285_zpsifrgz3cb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cappy2cap: what, if you don't mind me asking, compelled you to part with the Dogfather? That knife has got to be one of the best things to wander out of the swamp as far as ultimate toughness goes.

Sorry for the late response. I sold my DF because of the Basic 11 and the 1111. Which then was replaced by the 1311. Which is now being replaced by the BB13. But I'd love to get the DF back

I didn't take this serious the first time I heard it but years later can attest to this claim..
If your on your factory edge, beat on it a while then put a new edge on it. I swear the second edge holds up much better.. It seems weird but I think the blade needs you to prove your love to her before she will live up to that INFI pedigree...

^That's been my experience, except with my FBMLE, her edge was ground deep enough to be in the true INFI zone from the factory. Amazing performance from that one right out the gate!:thumbsup:

The B9 is not the answer.

Cliff had one(and may not have known it), and thank god he did after all the grinding he did to it.

Lil Foo has one as well, maybe two.

Of Course I have one or two:D

These were not the 1/300's or 1/6's or 1/50's which were all basically done from the same blanks. These were the very first ones to come out and were all hand ground. They were disguised to be like any other and sold as such, but they were different and you could tell the heft when you picked them up even though dimensionally they were the same as the others.
So Cobalt, were those initial b9s different dimensionally?.. or was the material altered? Im not the infi encyclopedia some of you guys are but weren't the old Basics the "modified" infi ..at least early on?? ...just going by memory of an old thread discussion we had, isnt that the steel that you suspect is today's infi? Just curious

Last edited:
Back