Stainless water bottle with a stainless lid?

TAH

Gold Member
Besides US Canteen, are there any other stainless water bottles or canteens with stainless lids?

md.jpg

Thanks!

I think you can get the Kleen bottles with SS lids. I was considering one (SS lid) but after reading a few reveiws from Amazon, I changed my mind. There was a mix of users saying they leaked.

Stainless does not play well with stainless. Machined threads tend to friction weld to each other, so you are force to use formed threads which don't create a tight seal and allow a lot less force. The biggest reason you see mostly stainless bottles with plastic lids is because those two materials play very well with each other. If you don't have a Guyot, I'd say give it a try. The lid is very heavy duty and I much prefer it over all stainless.

What would be the good point for a stainless lid? Not like you will try to boil water with the lid on...

I have a Kleen Kanteen insulated 22 oz. cup/bottle that I use for coffee in the morning then I put ice and some kind of cold drink for the afternoon. It has the "Cafe" lid for sipping out of. It will leak if it turns over. It keeps stuff hot or cold for a very long time, I'm very happy with it. You can get other lids for it.

Hi all,

I do not know of any, but I have one of the U.S. Canteens. I really like mine.

IMG_1638.jpg

Bryan

I highly recommend the Guyot with a Humangear capCAP on it. Genius invention.

capCAP_web01.jpg

THat stainless US canteen looks real nice. Are they the same size as the standard US canteens or, will they nest into a canteen cup?

My favorite small flask is the green Stanley 8oz flask.

I highly recommend the Guyot with a Humangear capCAP on it. Genius invention.

Good to know the Humangear cap work on the Guyot. I love my Guyot but the GSI Coffee filter and the Nalgene splash guard don't seem to fit as well as I'd like.

I do have one of the Nalgene caps from one of their OTG bottles with the flip top lid that works well.
nalgene-otg1.jpg

While the OTG lid fits fine, the Nalgene replacement lids don't fit the Guyot at all. Seems the Nalgene accessories are kinda hit & miss on the Guyot.

For every day use I've gone back to a regular Nalgene plastic bottle and the SS bottle serves as back up.

Hi all,

Collecter, No the US canteen is not a full sized military canteen. it is a 24 zo. one.

Thanks for posting that link to DHK I will be calling them on Monday.

Bryan

Thanks for everyone's replies. I was looking for all stainless for no other reason than appearance. I get tired of plastic, especially black plastic.

I guess this Klean Kanteen Reflect is another to consider...

Reflect_big.jpg

DHKI telephone number has been disconnected.

Out of business??? :confused:

I hope they are not out of business...they have some cool gear..like the 2 quart canteen that acts as a filter! That looks really cool.
I always carry a military 2 quart with me when out hiking, and that would be the shiznit! Also, I cant find any pricing anywhere for their gear??

I have the KK Reflect it has a silicone seal around the lid. Why do you want a stainless lid? The KKs are all BPA free.

while we are talking about bottles, i just bought a camelbak groove, and its badass. it has a replaceable carbon filter in it. the replacemant filters are 2 for $9.99 the bottle is about $19.99. it makes tap water taste like spring water. also if you boil your creek water you can run it through the camelbak groove and it taste way better. just though you all would like to know.

Back