Steeling INFI

PeteyTwoPointOne

Platinum Member
Anybody use a chef's steel to realign/refresh the apex on their INFI?

Of all the steels in the world, seems like INFI would best respond to this treatment....but I don't hear of many hogs utilizing it...heck, I don't ever even remember anyone from Busse recommending it.

Just seems like the perfect steel to maintain via steeling without taking off any material but getting an optimal apex at the same time...

yup...I'm bone tired...should've known better, srry...please move, Jaxx or Rev, et. al. thank you

Rob Stanley posted a video on sharpening large blades and in it he used steels on his MOAB.

Hey, what did this sell for?!

One hundred trillion dollars!

zimbabwe-2009-100-trillion-dollars-obverse.jpg

I have. With a round smooth screw driver shaft. Worked like a charm.

I hit a hidden stone on a chopping block, while splitting some wood. I heard a "tink" and looked and saw I had chopped a little pebble in half.

Rolled the edge on my FBMLE a bit. I thought I would have to spend a long time sharpening it out. But, I remembered reading some one's post about steeling.

Few minutes, and I did not have to remove any metal to get the edge right back. It was kind of amazing. I've done similar damage with other steels, and had to spend significant time reprofiling!

I've used a steel on infi.. Works great for what it's intended to do. Realignment of an edge.

Back