Straight Razors Canada

Would a straight razor fall into the category of a prohibited import? Some have flippers, fold, and could possibly be opened with one hand. Seems like they meet the criteria to be seized. Anyone have any experience with these getting stopped?

*edit* not like an edc knife, like for shaving your face.

That is a tough one to answer. I've yet to hear of anyone getting one stopped, but then I don't think there are as many being sold across the border now as there were in the late 00s, before the unofficial rule change and when the popularity was much higher. I would bet that a razor coming from a shave shop, probably with some shave accessories would be recognized as fine, but some of the wilder looking ones, particularly the oversized "Sweeny Todd" repros would likely draw a negative look. I hope someone can answer more directly, but to the best of my knowledge, because they have no locks, and most are recognized as either antiques or otherwise clearly not "knives". Wish I could provide more insight, but to be fair, I doubt that even the officials would know, it probably relies a lot on the officer making the call on the day.

Blades Canada imports and domestically resells all kinds of them. Fill your boots, eh

Back