Strider SMF RW-1

stolas223

Banned
Just curious, I can't tell from pics or youtube, But is the SMF Rouge warrior Just exactly the same as an SMF, Just with that Blood groove on the spine? or is the grind different in some way. It almost looks like more of a regular Tanto. meaning Not like a normal Strider Tanto where the front edge is blunt For piercing and prying without damaging the edge, and isn't sharp, just ground. The RW-1's tip almost looks as sharp as the rest of the knife but I can't tell. Or is it Just an SMF with a "Blood groove" Fuller on the spine and thats it?

The diffence lies in the blade grind.
A normal SMF has a full flatgrind, while the Rogue Warrior version has a saber grind.
Much stronger but doesn't cut as well as a full flatgrind.

(Yes Striders can cut well, :D)

i was wondering about that as well. i couldn't see why the stamp "RW-1" and the spine fuller would command such a higher price over the normal SMF-T.

There is a blah,blah, blah on blah, bah, blah..........am I allowed to say this? NO. It's not mine and I have no interest in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it may be part of the custom line, not production. Customs seem to command a higher price as the owners may have actually breathed on them, rather than staff.

:D

It's Not Much Higher, It's $500 instead of $475. I have a Stonewashed SMF in my sheath right now(Spear point) I had a SMF Tanto. Aside from the saber grind, anyone that has an SMF tanto or any Strider Tanto, Knows what I'm talking about with the front edge. Is it the same on the RW-1? It Looks like it's sharp as the blelly but I've never handled one.

I know everyone here hates Strider. (Company) Just asking Strider carriers if they know, Not trying to get comments on Character. Guess I should head over to Badlands to answer this.

I know everyone here hates Strider. (Company) Just asking Strider carriers if they know, Not trying to get comments on Character. Guess I should head over to Badlands to answer this.

Not everyone , I happen to call Mick , D and Josh friends and really dig their work , have an AR , PT , couple of fixed blades and even got the logo ink'd on my arm.

A bud of mine has one of the Rogue sets , it's pretty darn sweet.

Not all haters here. Striders are sweet. the rogue is a very badass SMF

SK05121.jpg

I also appreciate their work. Love there choil and frame. The SnG is perfect for me.

I have a digicam tanto and she has no problem slicing whatever I put in front of her with ease. To me, the key is not being lazy and keeping her sharp. The more I use her the more I sharpen her.

Back