Super polished edges

Real quick guys..is the Atoma 140 grit really worth 65 bucks..or is their a cheaper alternative when it comes to steels like M390 and s110? I mean my 120 EP works but damn does it take some time...

Real quick guys..is the Atoma 140 grit really worth 65 bucks..or is their a cheaper alternative when it comes to steels like M390 and s110? I mean my 120 EP works but damn does it take some time...

Using the Edge Pro? Consider a 2"x6" DMT... twice the stone... half the price.

EP_DMT01.jpg

I like mine but only use it when I really need to hog off a lot of tough steel and my 120 is taking too long.

In my experience the atoma 140's seemed to work SUPER well for the first 40 knives, then the aggression died off so much it wasn't worth my time. The wicked edge diamond stones last much longer imho.

cbwx34 cbwx34 I'll have to look into this, thanks!

Scrim Scrim yeah my 120 just took way too long when I was hitting my PM2..it took about 15 minutes just to make the heel of my blade match my 18 dps. I was killing myself lol

In my experience the atoma 140's seemed to work SUPER well for the first 40 knives, then the aggression died off so much it wasn't worth my time. The wicked edge diamond stones last much longer imho.
That's exactly what I was reading in the comments and it's got me worried. Also someone claimed they may have stored it damp and he could see rust in between the diamonds ..seems pretty shitty to me.

I like ChefKnivesToGo's 140 diamond stone. Holds its bite for a good while and is cheap enough that you don't mind replacing it when it does finally start to die.

Requisite edge photo:

20170610_195654_zps78vw0qof.jpg

I like ChefKnivesToGo's 140 diamond stone. Holds its bite for a good while and is cheap enough that you don't mind replacing it when it does finally start to die.

Requisite edge photo:

20170610_195654_zps78vw0qof.jpg
Wow..can't believe I didn't put two and two together..I was sitting on my couch like "what the hell is this 20 dollar "CKTG" stone?!?" o_O

I'll most likely just buy one and see how long it last, thanks for the input my friend !

Bought my diamond stone a while ago, almost a year ago now. Just looked to check the faded black marker writing on the back. Mine's a CKTG 140 diamond, not an Atoma 140! Thanks, T.L.E. Sharp for jogging my memory. Well, I can now vouch for the CKTG 140 as I don't OWN the Atoma:confused:...and the CKTG has been holding up pretty well. I've used it on maybe a dozen knives so far.

Bought my diamond stone a while ago, almost a year ago now. Just looked to check the faded black marker writing on the back. Mine's a CKTG 140 diamond, not an Atoma 140! Thanks, T.L.E. Sharp for jogging my memory. Well, I can now vouch for the CKTG 140 as I don't OWN the Atoma:confused:...and the CKTG has been holding up pretty well. I've used it on maybe a dozen knives so far.
Hahaha, between you and me I'll keep it hush hush, so it looks like you've got a super awesome 65 dollar Atoma ;)

I just asked my wife if she had any childhood books anywhere and she shows me this ..which won't work at all..

Sorry for the "off topic" post ..:D
Go buy a Where's Waldo book. They're great.

20170611_133016_zpsamfng5js.jpg
Found him!

Requisite edge photo:

IMG_20170614_181204_420_zps1qqbvl2e.jpg

Doesn't really leap out at you, but I like how you can see individual stitches.

Last edited:
Back