Tactical Knives

Actually, in TK and Steven Dick's defense, that's sort of what he ultimately recommended. I told him that he could do it if he wished, but that an editor's note wasn't a "must have" in my eyes. He's a pretty good editor. His call to me was probably because writers have written "surprises" about knives that have pissed off some makers. Now, we all know that people shouldn't be pissed off about the truth, but I think it was just professional courtesy on Steve's part.

The last thing I want this thread to be is a "bashing session" on TK or Steve Dick (I know that's not what you meant
smile.gif
, but I want to head this conversation off at the pass). I'm not defending them because they published an article about my knives - I am just saying what I think is right.

Thanks for your comments and encouragement about the article. I had a rather unfortunate "customer service" issue this weekend, and I'm glad to see that I'm not an A--hole
smile.gif
in most people's eyes
smile.gif

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

You're right that my intent wasnt to bash Mr Dick, it just gets silly reading only good reviews in the other mags and then hearing that they offered to delete part of your review. Maybe my language was a little strong in the above post.
Actually I gained respect for Steve Dick at last year's NY Custom Show. After I asked him to autograph my copy of his book I thanked him and he responded "no, I thank you for buying the book."
Anyway, at the moment Tactical Knives is the best one out there, especially since KI was dumb enough to let Bud Lang go.

------------------
Dave (Phil.4:13)
I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me

Can the article be posted yet? I haven't been able to find a copy and really want to read the article.

No, but if you send me an envelope with your address on it, I'll send you out a copy. That goes for anybody. Please put a 33 cent stamp on it.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Back