Talwar coming back?

awhile back cold steel asked on Facebook what people thought about the discontinued talwar and to comment if they wanted to see it come back.

Has anything happened with this? I really enjoy my talwar and would love a blue g10 with DLC coated blade..... if they come back out.

I hope so, I purchased a Gray XL right before they sold out. Really awesome Blade but I would like the 4in too.

I also hope they bring back this outstanding Demko design. I went out of my gord when I read that they were discontinued and thoroughly stocked up. I have the blue XHP in both sizes, black AUS-8 in both sizes, and an XL serrated in AUS-8 too.:thumbsup:

Yes, would also like this to happen, was just thinking about this the other day, hope the new ones would have a bit thicker blade. I'd like to see a new version of the Hold Out also.

Yes, would also like this to happen, was just thinking about this the other day, hope the new ones would have a bit thicker blade. I'd like to see a new version of the Hold Out also.
I don t know what I d change about the Holdout. I just wish it would continue to be produced.
Maybe a lock that is slightly easier to disengage.

I don t know what I d change about the Holdout. I just wish it would continue to be produced.
Maybe a lock that is slightly easier to disengage.

As soon as I read about the Talwar being discontinued I re-purchased the XL AUS8 one that I had sold, and got my hands on the L AUS8 one too
I tried to find a decent price on a Grey, Blue or OD Green/Tan versions but all four were scarce and hard to spot, especially living in Europe :(

20160220_181039_zpsrwd7mbqb.jpg

Folding kitchen knife, that is

CAM05054_zpsuxhleek5.jpg

I'm still looking for them.
As far as the Hold Out, that was my favorite XL Folder and after knoeing they were also going forever I amassed some of the models I was still missing. Now I'm fully stocked!
I love my H.O. II (still looking for a Tan Limited edition one) and all my H.O.Is and won't part with them, now I'd also love to see them return with minor changes, maybe this blade shape and a thumb plate would be the icing on the cake for me

13266120_10104612294736207_2627740888096096512_n_zpsqv29rjgo.jpg

slightly "Tantonized" tip and would also love a blacked out clip

13266059_10104612286183347_2910525526186755401_n_zpso2ubsofy.jpg

I'm selfishly hoping they modify the handle design on at least the 4" version if they bring it back. It's a knife I want to love, but the handle is just a bit too cramped for my hands. :(

Would love to have this model back, i mistakenly sold my extras during a cash crunch not realizing it was discontinued, now I only got a couple :(

If they do come back (fingers crossed), I hope they bring the edge all the way back to the sharpening notch. :thumbsup:

That would be great. I just emailed them last week though, to ask about getting different scales for my 5.5" Talwar and all they said was they don't have a lot of spare parts because they are discontinued.

I think this would be a great knife with the new switch to S35vn for the mainstay of blades.

add me to the list for a 4" version. Didn't get one when I had the chance and I want to EDC one now lol

I sold my Emerson Persian because of the Talwar. I just didn't trust the liner lock on the Persian to stand up in a self defense role.

Everything the Persian did, the Talwar did better with a more robust point. The 4" version is a phenomenal backup weapon.

I've got 3 XL Talwars. The serrated version, the plain edge version and the special coyote coloured handle with blackblade version. Nevertheless I'd like to see CS bring this model back.

Back