Tape???????

I agree. I've been using Mil-Spec "100 mph" (duct) tape for years and Gorilla tape is top notch and what I EDC. It would be more than adequate for the repairs you've listed. By a big role and use some old/expired credit cards and wrap up a dozen feet or so for the kits.

ROCK6

+ what ever we're up to on Gorilla tape :), the only downside to Gorilla tape is the adhesive is a little messy vs other duct tape- small price to pay for it's strength and stick

the only downside to Gorilla tape is the adhesive is a little messy vs other duct tape- small price to pay for it's strength and stick

Yeah...it's not my first choice for body hair removal...it's effective just messy:eek::D

ROCK6

Anybody know where I can get some Heat type Kevlar Tape (it looks like Duct Tape but is high heat resistance)? I need some to patch a Wall Tent Stove Pipe Port. I had a roll and loaned it to a buddy...who has sense lost it and I've lost my source for tape. I used to keep it around and use it like duct tape when near heat sources.

You can pick it up at Home Depot. I used a bunch when I was installing ductwork for my gas stove top.

I've kept duct tape in my car for quite a while now, but... I live in florida and it doesn't do well in the summer heat at all, anyone else live in an extremely high heat environment with suggestions of better tape that doesn't melt in your car?

I love Gorilla tape.... EXCEPT IN COLD.

Gorilla tape is absolutely useless when used below freezing. Put it in the freezer for a few hours and try to stick it to something. The adhesive loses it's properties. That doen't mean it will fall apart in the cold.... bonds made beforehand will hold... you just can't work with it while it's cold.

Other than that... it is the bomb!

Rick,

That's great information. Thanks!

Thanks Don.... look into it for yourself, though.... your "cold" might not be my "cold". Good to know the limitations of the gear we choose.

That Gorilla tape is awesome... A buddy of mine (Normark) put a square of it on his wool field jacket while working with Scouts. It stayed on the entire weekend, through rain, debris shelter sleeping, bushwhacking, etc... and it still nearly ripped his jacket taking it off.

Rick

"EXCEPT IN COLD."

Is there a tape that overcomes this limitation? I'm going to replace my regular duct tape with the Gorilla brand but I might put 'cold weather' tape (if there is any) in my pack for the late fall. Oh, and thanks for the info.

"EXCEPT IN COLD."

Is there a tape that overcomes this limitation? I'm going to replace my regular duct tape with the Gorilla brand but I might put 'cold weather' tape (if there is any) in my pack for the late fall. Oh, and thanks for the info.

The extreme cold weather affects most adhesives and I'm not too aware of any specifically made for cold weather application. The beauty of duct/Gorilla tape is that you can carry a flat role in your pants pocket or some other close-to-your body location where it will remain warm enough to effectively use. This duct tape looks to be effective down to 25 degrees: Shurtape.

ROCK6

Back