Thai Aranyik Enep (update with my Review Link)

thrillbilly

BANNED
71X82O5a3VL_AA1500_.jpg

I just ordered one of these, should be here Tuesday...

Looks like a fun chopper, I bought the Size 0 but they have at least 4 different sizes. very reasonably priced I thought...bench crafted by local tradesmen from 5160 spring steel.

Anyone else have one of these or have used one?

This quote from the seller would have sold me on it even if I hadn't already bought it...

''Not Pretty, Very Ugly, Blade has visible tempering marks and grinds. Because the Metal was tempered traditionally handles never looks uniform or pretty. If you want a pretty machete this is not the one for you. This is a machete for peasant/farmer's use. Looking for factory cut and polished steel? Shop elsewhere.''

now THAT is a great description!

Last edited:
Reactions: vab
That's pretty cool man. I like the looks of the enep blade shape. I have a condor enep and it really sucks the big one. It has a very thick scandi like grind and is pretty much useless. Dangerous actually. The handle is also extremely brick like. It would be great after spending a day or two trying to fix the grind on a belt sander but I don't have access to the equipment to do it. This one looks like the real deal. Please post a review after you use it.

Where did you order from?
sent u a message
That's pretty cool man. I like the looks of the enep blade shape. I have a condor enep and it really sucks the big one. It has a very thick scandi like grind and is pretty much useless. Dangerous actually. The handle is also extremely brick like. It would be great after spending a day or two trying to fix the grind on a belt sander but I don't have access to the equipment to do it. This one looks like the real deal. Please post a review after you use it.

I will certainly do that, A fellow on here just got this blade in another size, said it had a very nice convex on it. We shall see.....will do a review and choptest when I get it. Im excited...something about this blade just screams at me LOL

We do a lot of cutting before/during deer season. Saplings, limbs, brush...wanted something to pack along that aint as heavy as a chainsaw but tougher then a machete.....and I dont wanna smack my BK9 onna rock or drop it 20' out of a tree. So this guy should come in handy. And I just plain out WANT it and will come up with any excuse to justify it LOL

We do a lot of cutting before/during deer season. Saplings, limbs, brush...wanted something to pack along that aint as heavy as a chainsaw but tougher then a machete.....and I dont wanna smack my BK9 onna rock or drop it 20' out of a tree. So this guy should come in handy. And I just plain out WANT it and will come up with any excuse to justify it LOL

I know just how you feel about not wanting to drop stuff out of the tree, which is one of the reasons I do a lot more ground hunting than stand hunting. The times I am in the stand, though, I usually take a short machete up with me to clear a few branches out of the way. (There is always something in the way, even if I cleared it before)

I know just how you feel about not wanting to drop stuff out of the tree, which is one of the reasons I do a lot more ground hunting than stand hunting. The times I am in the stand, though, I usually take a short machete up with me to clear a few branches out of the way. (There is always something in the way, even if I cleared it before)

that is the TRUTH! I missed an opportunity on a nice 9 point this year...I hunted a stand my nephew hung...and he left a limb blocking one of 4 trails....so guess which trail the buck chose! I had to sit there and let him walk by at 15 yards. I don't take obstructed, ''window'' shots with my Hawken. Now if I had my .270 I would have picked a hole...and let him walk into my bullet lol

Back