1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

The aftermath of our recent weather !

Discussion in 'Wilderness & Survival Skills' started by pitdog, Mar 16, 2012.

1. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    My favourite local park had opened up again yesterday, after being closed to cars for the winter months, so I ventured in today with the girls.

It all appeared very tranquil for a start~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frogs had been busy !

[​IMG]

My knife today........well what did ya expect !

[​IMG]

It wasn't long before I found the results of our recent wind storms, the obstacle course was about to begin !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At least Snicker enjoyed all the clambering around !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every turn I took revealed more windfall !

[​IMG]

Eventually I arrived at this sight and thought I might have to turn back !

[​IMG]

I searched around and found a spot I could scramble up Bear Grylls style,LOL !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With all the scrambling around I didn't really have time to practice any Bushcraft........there is always a next time !;)

[​IMG]

2. grunt soldier

grunt soldier Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 4, 2009
    get your saw out pit and get some of that free wood sir :)

3. flnder

flnder

Nov 30, 2003
    Nothing like a good clamber.

4. tknife

tknife Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 1999
    Great pics! I like the mottled artistic ones too, looks like you found some new camera settings :D

5. sicily02

sicily02

Nov 23, 2005
    Great pics Pitdog. How strong were the winds?

Bryan

6. kgd

kgd

Feb 28, 2007
    Now usually I don't get to claim my climate is warmer than Pitdogs, but seeing him in a wool shirt jack makes me think it must be so.....Its bloody hot over in Ontario right now.....Nice pictures pit!

7. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    And a Merino wool roll neck underneath........Thanks Ken !:D

8. Camber

Camber Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Man, I love your posts. I get really excited when I see them. Me and my two dogs aspire to have as many adventures as you and yours! :)

9. GRIM 62

GRIM 62

Mar 29, 2009
    Very cool pics pit!We have our share of wind storms on the Northern Oregon Coast as well.

10. Bufford

Bufford Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    The weather is weird, snows going fast, ice is going on the lakes like as if it were the last week of April, but its only the middle of March. We all wondering what the fire season ahead will be like.

Normally we would be in full snowmobile and ice fishing mode around here for the final several weeks of the best and finest of the season, but people are scrambling to get their ice fishing shacks off of the ice. Its going to be a very long spring.

11. protourist

protourist Gruntled Member Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    We had 4 inches of snow on the ground in Waldport the other day. That is roughly 4 years worth in one day for us.

12. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    LOL...Thanks buddy !

13. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    100 Km.

14. mtnfolk mike

mtnfolk mike

Mar 21, 2006
    great stuff Pit.. always love your pics bro.. the weather has been crazy here lately too.. its been raining(finally) for the past week..

15. eomeo

eomeo

Oct 17, 2007
    Down here in WA it was as much the 1-2" of ice on the trees as it was the winds. It is amazing how many snapped in half or tumbled down.

16. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    I was hiking in my woods and on the ridge I found bills and other stuff from WEST LIBERTY KY which is 93 miles from me. I guess the tornado winds carried them all the way to my hollow.