The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

We have used 3v on wire. No. Issues

We have lots of 50-year-old Rusty barbed wire growing into trees. And so the knife is usually easier to hammer it through or at least Nick it and then break it. I've used 3v to put a Nick in newer High tensile smooth wire also and then break it at the nick. But 4V would worry me a little

We have used 3v on wire. No. Issues

We have lots of 50-year-old Rusty barbed wire growing into trees. And so the knife is usually easier to hammer it through or at least Nick it and then break it. I've used 3v to put a Nick in newer High tensile smooth wire also and then break it at the nick. But 4V would worry me a little
I decided to go the safe route and grabbed the angle grinder.

1997 F-450

Was running fine this time last year...

You see, here's the problem: I can say with 100% certainty that I am much better than you when it comes to, sourcing, assessing and buying vehicles. So let's make a pact, you don't buy knives from me and I don't buy cars from you. Our luv will then last for eternity :)

Curious if you can say anything about the change of logo location for the basic 5. Seems like the new location would require an extra step and change of fixture, whereas the old location could have been done when profiling (albeit with a tool change)? Or are you bolting a bunch of them together flat-to-flat spine up just for the logo step?

Sorry if that's a trade secret or a super naive question, it's been 20+ years since I've been in a machine shop.

Curious if you can say anything about the change of logo location for the basic 5. Seems like the new location would require an extra step and change of fixture, whereas the old location could have been done when profiling (albeit with a tool change)? Or are you bolting a bunch of them together flat-to-flat spine up just for the logo step?

Sorry if that's a trade secret or a super naive question, it's been 20+ years since I've been in a machine shop.
Nathan engraves all his logos with his laser vision (similar to superman)

As an added bonus he's gained control of each one of his eyes movements so he can move them independently from each other....

This giving him the ability to engrave 2 knives at once with no fixtures needed

I've heard he'll have a couple beers and laser engrave with his eyes while juggling multiple sharpened CPK's

Nathan engraves all his logos with his laser vision (similar to superman)

As an added bonus he's gained control of each one of his eyes movements so he can move them independently from each other....

This giving him the ability to engrave 2 knives at once with no fixtures needed

I've heard he'll have a couple beers and laser engrave with his eyes while juggling multiple sharpened CPK's
And when he drinks a light beer, people can't believe he'd do 'em like that 😅

It was not a process improvement to reduce cycle time or cost. It is an additional fixture and an additional operation and they are done one at a time.

The straight line segments on the block signature are a potential stress riser that do not need to be out in the blade. I see moving that block signature off of the blade and out into an unstressed area of the tang as an improvement.

Back