The Funnel. (Todd makes knives. Discuss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel D

Tow Mater
I might've mentioned that when you guys post pics in this forum, we'd certainly like to consider them for the website. That still stands. Thanks Trade, by the way. That pic is a work of art. And Mist, you know we're all excited about our little arrangement. We'll always ask, but you guys are getting creative, and anything to help the boss..ya know?
Lotsa behind the scenes stuff going on in the shop. Murph and I work out plans without telling you know who, so he can keep filling orders, let us worry about logistics. We were just talking last night about how when we got the site and this forum going, we didn't take into account how much the end users of Todd's knives would assist in getting the word out. Everyday we marvel at the stuff you guys are posting on here. So..you know..thanks, From Me, Murph, and Todd especially. Murph and I have been blown away by Todd's blades for awhile now, so to see them embraced in the real knife community is really something.
Anyway. A bit too soon to be specific, but lemme just say perhaps the mighty M-18 is getting noticed on the next level. Bit more exposure, perhaps. 2013 is looking pretty interesting...

Couldn't resist. Stuck Trade's picture of the M right up on the front page of the website. Will rework the home page around that picture this weekend. Added "home of the M-18" on the front page as well since..you know..people are kind of looking for it. :)
And yes, Mr. Hunt. 5 days after the big move, the southern office is up and running. I just needed my custom built, one-of-a-kind desk. Thanks for taking the door off my old place and helping me get it outta there..

But what is the "funnel" all about? Is this some weird Indiana inside joke thing?

I have no idea what we are supposed to talk about in here, but I started on some kydex for my Magua yesterday. Going over to Pointy's to do some sanding on it a little bit later today and should hopefully have it finished up by this evening. Been looking forward to getting this sucker into kydex for awhile now.

But what is the "funnel" all about? Is this some weird Indiana inside joke thing?

I have no idea what we are supposed to talk about in here
It IS an inside joke, but not that weird. However, it requires Level 4 clearance to be on the inside of that joke and the only way for me to tell you is for you to become a frequent poster here in The Funnel. :p
Basically, The Man makes knives. Well made, long lasting knives. The Funnel is kind of a catch-all place to discuss things related to that little operation. You know..like a funnel.

A funnel would be awesome! I'm drinking in the shop now, a funnel would greatly improve my beer bong.

Site's looking damned good, great job DD!

Thanks man, learning on the fly. Start xmas break after this week, gonna try to really get it dialed in. And by that I of course mean lots of dragons and skulls..

Our Xmas break from our "real" job started today, 'cause nobody wants engines I guess, so we get an extended holiday. Meh..as some of you know, I made the big move to a new house recently and am gonna take time to line that out, watch my son, tweak todd's website, couple behind the scenes/ payoff later projects going on. Cool stuff. Todd I think has delivered his last Christmas order, and just loves working under tight deadlines with people telling him how many days are left until Christmas. Right buddy? I'm gonna cook a pot of chili over the break and get Murph and Todd up here for a board meeting, Todd wants to start laying out goals for the next few months, try to stay ahead of this thing. And AIG, if you're reading this, watching your videos makes us want to do better. No longer will we just go out into the woods and shoot vids of us chopping limbs off trees. These things are well made tools, we're going to do a little better job of showing that. Uh..Diesel out.

Cool. When are you going to show us what you are planning on doing with your Magua?

Cool. When are you going to show us what you are planning on doing with your Magua?

Actually, Derek.. you gave me the idea for a good old fashioned boot knife for my magua. I've got about the same style pancake kydex, but my handle is just paracord, so it presents a pretty slim profile. As I was browsing your post, I was thinking about a tall pair of workboots I have and how to mount the sheath inside them. (i hadn't messed with a "boot knife" since the Tennessee toohpicks we all had as kids) but turns out, the whole package slides into my boot, sits there comfortably all day without any further mods or strapping. So..kind of underwhelming and definitely not pic worthy. But seeing you carrying your magua gave me that idea, and it works..so thanks!

Pics are always needed.

Speaking of, I clicked on your profile, and was greeted with this picture here.

8291258872_43d7e2f674_z.jpg

Well played sir. Well played.

Derek. Good to see you bonding with Jeff (DD) after getting to know you and knowing Jeff for many years, I can't imagine the level of smartassness that is about to be breached. You think Murph and I are wiseasses, your about to be schooled in sarcasim as a art talking to this guy. Gonna be fun.

As a die hard Star Wars fan, I am genuinely pleased by the picture of Chewbacca riding a squirrel and fighting Nazis. As a cunning linguist, I am offended by your spelling of the word "sarcasm".

Pics are always needed.

Speaking of, I clicked on your profile, and was greeted with this picture here.

8291258872_43d7e2f674_z.jpg

Well played sir. Well played.

Who amongst us doesn't like Chewbacca? And Chewbacca riding a squirrel fighting machine-gun toting nazis with a crossbow--and apparently winning? Hell yeah. I had to have it. Also, it's a painting. Somewhere in this big 'ole world, someone PAINTED this. It's..fascinating. Side point; The squirrel has a bridle which can only mean it was wild and has been trained to fight nazis.

Thank you for your spelling lesson Derek. As DD can tell you. Spelling is not upon the list of things that I excell in. Somebody on this forum has to actually make knives right. That's what I bring to the table. At least my name is spelled correctly on MOST of my knives. Not like most of you fools would get it right anyway:rolleyes:

I think Chewy on the squirrel should be your next tat D!

Imma have it put right under the one on my chest that says "THUG LIFE"

Cleaning the shop today. What a pit. Gonna be a few days getting everything back in order and cleaned up. I notice that my 2 partners in crime just so happen to be absent. Don't wanna mention any names but there initails are Murphnuge and Diesel D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back