The Peanut Class of knife.

Mb, a Peanut is a 2 7/8 Dogleg Jack.... What you have there is a Schrade Old Timer Minuteman 104OT. It's definitely a Peanut Class Knife, but not exactly a Peanut.

Good little knife! There is one in the picture I previously posted.

Mb, a Peanut is a 2 7/8 Dogleg Jack.... What you have there is a Schrade Old Timer Minuteman 104OT. It's definitely a Peanut Class Knife, but not exactly a Peanut.

Good little knife! There is one in the picture I previously posted.

Ah OK. Thanks for the info and the knife ID. I noticed it looked like you have a couple of variations close to this one.

Another Pen rather than Jack, but the dimensions qualify it. Sheffield Sleeveboard.

IMG_4021.jpg

mb>, that's a pen knife in classic configuration --- single spring with opposite clip and pen blades. That knife would be a peanut if it had two springs with those blades sharing a pivot.

Here's 4 small ones. The MOP handled one is a Moki Serapis, very well built, comes in right at 3.25". The SAK needs no introduction. The other two were my paternal grandfather's, golden one being an original Miller Bros. and the pewter a very cheap souvenir from Cleveland. (Might ask how I knew it's a souvenir? Says so on it. :p) I don't know what the curved pick on the Miller Bros is for, maybe pipe scraper I'm thinking.

pf02dmNl.jpg

6aBlubMl.jpg

mb>, that's a pen knife in classic configuration --- single spring with opposite clip and pen blades. That knife would be a peanut if it had two springs with those blades sharing a pivot.

I see. Just starting to learn the language here. I was thinking this was maybe defining a size class at first.

The Queen Sleeveboard in Buffalo counts but the GEC Conductor is just a bit too big for this thread perhaps?

IMG_3186.jpg

Here are some genuine Nutz though! CASE Crandall which has very nice thick bone slabs and RR Green Chequered Bone. The RR has very thin very sharp blades, sunk-joints and Matchstrike, I think they do a very OK Peanut for little money.

IMG_3243.jpg

A Peanut and his little buddies.
mtBvIkW.jpg

Back in the '90s I was working as an engineer at a steel and wire mill. I was showing my coworkers a new Sears peanut penknife I had bought. They basically laughed and made fun of it's small size. Next thing you know "hey, can I borrow that knife" from one after another...

Here are some of the Peanuts I have:

Case

Schrade Walden 218 modified by glennbad

Buck 305 I have too many of these to show all, from collectable to battle-scarred users..

GEC Coyote I have several of these along with an 06Pemberton that I do not have any pictures of.

Swiss Army

And last, but not least, Sears (the same model they laughed at) along with a user 305 and the pre-modded Schade Walden.

Back